• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes Leupold Mk4 PR questions.

shelbyclone1966

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2009
Arizona
Hi all, I did a search first and found nothing for my question. What is the difference between the Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x40 PR Mildot and the same brand and magnification in LR/T?

Second question is what is the difference between the Leupold LR/T and the ER/T? I didnt do a search for the second question.
Thanks.

Re: Leupold Mk4 PR questions.

From what I can tell, my PR differs from the LR/T only in the turrets. The PR's have "target turrets," tall turrets that function like the M1 turrets, but have screw on covers you can put on them if you want. They don't look as tacticool, but they work just as well. The target turrets on the MK4 4.5-14x40PR I currently own have very positive clicks (very audible as well) and are very repeatable. LR/T's have eithr M1, M2, or M3 turrets.

As for the LR/T and ER/T's, I think it's just the magnification range. That, and all the ER/T's I've seen have 50mm objectives. The LR/T's can have 40mm's. I'm probably missing other things as well, but this is what I've learned thus far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shelbyclone1966</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi all, I did a search first and found nothing for my question. What is the difference between the Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14x40 PR Mildot and the same brand and magnification in LR/T?

Second question is what is the difference between the Leupold LR/T and the ER/T? I didnt do a search for the second question.
Thanks. </div></div>

I am currently looking at the LR mark 4 8.5x25x50. From talking with leupold basically they told me there are more adjustments with the ER over the LR. other than that they advised me that most the scope is the same.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought that that the E/RT was FFP and the L/RT wasn't. Also, the E/RT comes with magnetic flip up lens caps standard, and an option on the L/RT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heydavemd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm probably wrong, but I thought that that the E/RT was FFP and the L/RT wasn't. Also, the E/RT comes with magnetic flip up lens caps standard, and an option on the L/RT </div></div>

they actually do make a couple of the L/RT's with FFP. Both are 3.5-10x40 LR/T models...the M1 and M3.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heydavemd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm probably wrong, but I thought that that the E/RT was FFP and the L/RT wasn't. Also, the E/RT comes with magnetic flip up lens caps standard, and an option on the L/RT </div></div>

I have the catalog and the LR MK4 comes with flip up lens also