LMT MWS?

PatientZero762

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2019
So, I'm in the process of getting a MWS CQB shipped to me with an extra 13.7" barrel, raptor CH and LMT's enhanced bolt, it's not the MARS-H lower, it's the standard MWS lower with ambi mag release but no ambi bolt catch.

I've been doing research and there is alot of positive video's on it and such.

Being a past owner of a KAC M110 and SCAR H I really like the sound of this thing.

What do you guys think about the LMT MWS?

Going to throw a nice high power variable on er'
8tLrCLu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
The only reason I no longer own a LMT MWS is that I bought a KAC. Loved it, it shot great, if gassy. It is a heavy pig with the standard barrel in the pic railed version.

i know exactly who you bought that rifle from, i was very close to making a trade with the trader for my scar 17. In any case, I have another lmt mws on the way now. I regret selling my first one. It was gassy and heavy, but accurate, rugged, and fun to shoot. I am going to overscope it this time, and turn it from a heavy pig, to a heavy hippo. It'll be shoot mostly from prone or the bench, so that's fine with me.

My favorite heavy ar platform-although KAC is 1a. As others have stated they're heavy and gassy-but high quality, modular, and the ones I have are accurate and fun as hell to shoot. The kind of shooting that brings a smile to your face.

Got out to my club early today-0deg although no wind. I couldn't feel my fingers so I only took 8 shots. 100yds, concrete bench, forgot my bipod and rear bag so used sand bags front and rear. Low left shot was 2nd shot. I'm just an average shooter at best.

Attachments

• IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: PatientZero762
lol possibly. Scar imo does need some upgrades to bring it up to speed like the trigger and handguard. However, the fact that it feels like legos is what makes it such a lightweight battle rifle. It's much lighter than the mws, and balances much better as well, making it a great option for running and gunning. However, the barrel is light profile, making those long shots challenging after a few mags. Lmt is a much better prone or bench rifle for sure. Also, i own a few lmt mrp and they are my favorite ars. One of them has over 15,000 rounds of mostly mag dumps, and it's only had a gas ring and buffer spring replaced. The rifle still shoots moa as well. Built like a tank for sure.

Ahh I see-for my 16" sharpshooter I have 3-18 and for my 24" 6.5cm I have a 5-25-both probably overkill for me with a max of 400yd range at my club but works well for me. I don't think I've ever taken either off max mag. I still think the 3.5-10x would be a good choice for 16" although it would be my minimum.

Reactions: PatientZero762
The MWS is the most durable AR10 on the planet. Overgassed? Yes. Use a proper suppressor and the issue is fixed.

What does a knights have over a mws besides minimal weight savings (which are negated by the LW barrel) ? Nothing.

A 16” mws with a NF 4-16 would be sexy. I have two mws’s. Both 16” CL. Both under 1moa with 175s. One wears a 3-15 NF F1 and the other wears a Bushy DMR2 illum. Both are fantastic fits for said rifles.

I am loving mine as well. Has anyone tried a JP SCS in theirs and if so what did you think. I thought I recalled someone saying they did and had to use the heaviest spring in the set with the H2 JP. I do not shoot suppressed at all but would like to settle it down a tad more. Now mine has the factory H3 buffer.

Nice pic! That's a gen 2as well. The one i picked up is a Gen 1. Supposebly the receiver on the gen 2 is forged versus billet, which helps with wear (having owned a previous lmt gen 1 i did some some strong wear in the receiver where the charging handle rides.) Also, it has the enhanced bolt.

are you going to throw a bipod on it, or keep it as is?

I bot my LMT MWS off this site yrs ago. Great rifle but is a Hog to carry. And yes it is overgasses when shot suppressed. Put a NF 3.5x15 on it with Larue mt. Sometimes use Eotech also. Great rifle, accurate, dependable. Did I mention it carrys like a Hog??

Slash at Heavy buffs can hook you up with the right spring/buffer combo. It cut my recoil and group size considerably.

I had the exact opposite result.
Turned mine into a single shot.
When I contacted him about it, his response was basically “tough shit, it works for everyone else.”
I was given the option of returning it at my own expense, minus a ridiculous “restocking fee”.
Gave it to a friend who had a home build AR-10. He had the same result.
Happy that it worked out for you, but people should know that if it doesn’t work, or worse, induces malfunctions, they’re going to end up eating the cost of an overpriced buffer.

Got out to my club early today-0deg although no wind. I couldn't feel my fingers so I only took 8 shots. 100yds, concrete bench, forgot my bipod and rear bag so used sand bags front and rear. Low left shot was 2nd shot. I'm just an average shooter at best.

Shooting that group in zero degrees Fahrenheit is most impressive! A high of 52 today here in Tucson. Way too cold to be outside.

Reactions: The DFC
did you have a smith do that for you? so essentially they drilled a hole in the existing gas glock with a set screw to adjust? how is it working?

No you can do it at home, remove the gas tube, add some quick heat to the gas block and use a press to remove the GB.

There's a lot of meat between the gas port on the gas block and the barrel, drill and tap between the two and you're done.

To reinstall it, install the gas tube again then heat the gas block it will slide right back on the barrel without being pressed on and make sure to line it up quickly. once it cools it won't move anywhere reinstall hardware and go play.

And to answer your question it worked beautifully.