loading bipod, is it old school and obsolete?

I thought I had recoil managed pretty well with my rifles. (Which include a 300wm). Then one day I bought a Barrett 50 bolt action. I was taught by that monster that I had to practice more. Once I learned how to manage that recoil and can see my own impacts with it, the other rifles became nearly rimfire to me.
I guess my point is that your way of shooting is only as good as what you train with.

Reactions: TACC
I thought I had recoil managed pretty well with my rifles. (Which include a 300wm). Then one day I bought a Barrett 50 bolt action. I was taught by that monster that I had to practice more. Once I learned how to manage that recoil and can see my own impacts with it, the other rifles became nearly rimfire to me.
I guess my point is that your way of shooting is only as good as what you train with.

People get lazy after shooting a bunch of 6mm's, .223's, etc. Myself included.

It's why I'm an advocate for .308 as a training round. My 22" unbraked .308 can be pretty unforgiving of lax fundamentals, much more so then my braked .300NM.

I plan on shooting my .308 rifle a lot more in the coming years, including taking it to some matches.

People get lazy after shooting a bunch of 6mm's, .223's, etc. Myself included.

It's why I'm an advocate for .308 as a training round. My 22" unbraked .308 can be pretty unforgiving of lax fundamentals, much more so then my braked .300NM.

I plan on shooting my .308 rifle a lot more in the coming years, including taking it to some matches.
Couldn't have said it better. Sold off my creedmoor because I was forming bad habits. Once back with my 308 my shot protocol has come back and I make far fewer fundamental mistakes.

f1153294eba494ef29f674a73d10e82f.jpg