• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Lol. Retail Brokerages shut off access during stock market crash.

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    I’m sure this was just a accident like the shorts of trump before the assassination attempt

01759D67-E69B-48FB-B063-B47741CEF661.png
    3D90355D-D722-4E3C-9261-0989E24FD8CE.jpeg

Reactions: gigamortis
    Imagine if Trump were the prez during a rush for the exits like this. The ones behind the curtain would certainly make sure all the sellers got their orders in to drive the market down even further.

Reactions: BurtG
    I saw that report on the news as well... I love a good conspiracy myself but I'd imagine that the more likely explanation is personal investors (I refuse to use the term 'retail investors') panicked (likely due to the news at the time) and flooded their web servers which weren't properly load balanced to handle the surge which frankly is rather embarrassing for those companies for not having planned on this extra load on their web servers. But that's a side conversation on how IT is seen as a 'support' element to these businesses and not appreciated/properly funded until things go haywire.

-LD

Reactions: Bcamos
    I saw that report on the news as well... I love a good conspiracy myself but I'd imagine that the more likely explanation is personal investors (I refuse to use the term 'retail investors') panicked (likely due to the news at the time) and flooded their web servers which weren't properly load balanced to handle the surge which frankly is rather embarrassing for those companies for not having planned on this extra load on their web servers. But that's a side conversation on how IT is seen as a 'support' element to these businesses and not appreciated/properly funded until things go haywire.

-LD

They should get some suggestions from MDT. It seems they finally got it figured out for their black friday sale. 😆

Thats exactly what happened the day Facebook IPO'd... I ended up with 3 active buy orders that never seemed to go through, yet also were never cancelled and they all executed... Well when you dont have enough money in the brokerage to buy all 3 orders, you end up selling(at a loss in my case) to cover everything... what a fucking waste... and Schwab told me "to bad so sad get fucked"....

Then a few years later I got this like 36 page document to fill out that I am sure a Harvard MBA/CPA couldnt figure out as part of the class action lawsuit...

I just wrote the loss off on my taxes and moved on on the advice of my buddy who is far more wealthy and stock savvy than I.