• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos long range 243

tacdrver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2011
califorina
blue printed 700 action
fluted bolt sako extractor
oversized recoil lug
krieger 1-8 5-r rifling 27 1/2 inches #7
hs precision glass bedded stock
harris bipod
picatinny rail
burris xtr rings
nikon monarch 5-20x44 bdc
plus a little trigger job
by RSE CUSTOM GUNS

Re: long range 243

NIce rifle sir. I love to see the .243's get built up. With the right bullets those .243's are beasts. Hope my factory bbl will do good with the 105 amax's I bought with it.

that group was cold bore the day after breakin with sierra 85gr bthp... the day before my gunsmith ran the breakin bullets threw her and then shot 3 round group all threw the same hole..with 87gr vmax.. so work your loads and find out what the rifle likes

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jbak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice. I see you went with the matte black tactical grout lines for your tile. </div></div>

Looks dark grey from here on the east coast.

You may want to try some 105's. I've got a feeling they'll shoot very well out of your rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tunanut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Looks dark grey from here on the east coast.</div></div>

You are correct sir, guess my eyes were playing tricks on me last night.

Now that I am looking at the rifle again, I am really digging the bolt knob and fluting. Again, nice job.