Long range shooting course. 400 yds to 1330-1350 ish yards to be determined as for safteys sake.

Im selling out of my repair shop after 12 years this winter. I was just wondering if anyone in western IA or Eastern nebraska would be interested in something like this. The range would have a very good natural backstop. I was thinking of a couple shooting benches and maybe a berm for prone shooters to use that would have enough elevation to shoot over the corn crop on those years. I was thinking of putting 3 steel targets from 400-1300 with 3 difrent sized targets at each 100 yards. Was thinking smaller round plate a 24'' square plate and 36'' square plate at each 100 yard incrament.
Does anyone have thoughts on how to make this better or concerns as to why it wont work??
This will be on family farm so wouldnt be that hard to make it work. Logan IA would be the nearest town to use for where this may happen

Would anyone be interested??

Course like golf course. sorry I didnt make my self clear. My bad.
Roger.

You'll definitely want a target stand at 100 for paper. Beyond that, steel is good. I'd have a couple different size targets, say one 3 MOA and one 1 MOA target at each yardline - that way target size scales but difficulty does not (or at least not radically. a 24" target at 400 is not the same challenge as 24" at 1300).

Might be nice to have some fun shapes too, but I know that gets pricy.

I'd be very leery of collecting a fee to let people shoot on my land - that would make you a business, with all the liability and insurance requirements that entails...

I'd be very leery of collecting a fee to let people shoot on my land - that would make you a business, with all the liability and insurance requirements that entails...
Sounds like some one wants to shoot for free!! Your daughter skins her knee on haloween night, I need just as much insurance. Ive welded all my life you find me a higher insurance braket than that. Its a business you wanna shoot you will have to pay thats how it works. LOL

Sounds like some one wants to shoot for free!! Your daughter skins her knee on haloween night, I need just as much insurance. Ive welded all my life you find me a higher insurance braket than that. Its a business you wanna shoot you will have to pay thats how it works. LOL

Hi,

That is super easy....Ever look at a firearm manufacturers product liability policy, lolol.

Sincerely,
Theis

They are called "DONATIONS".

Also signing a Liability waiver upon arrival.

Hi,

Except the grim reality is those waivers are about as useless at protecting this gentleman as the piece of paper they are written on.
It is super cheap to form an LLC for his desires. Even if for nothing more than to provide a safety blanket against his "personal" possessions if something ever happened.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Sticks
if there's no 1000yrd plus range around you might be worth it.. if there is you going to have to price yourself along with the others or no real reason to shoot on your property