• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Long Range Steel Bash near Memphis, TN

Ronin47

Sergeant
Minuteman
Come out and test your skills during the Long Range Steel Bash on Sunday, Feb 26th. This event will be held at the Desoto Pistol and Rifle Club in Como, MS. We will have numerous reactive steel targets out to 600 yards.

This will be single man format. Rangefinders allowed!

Be prepared for multiple stages including KYL, Run and Gun, Ronin's Revenge, Hog Saddle, Long Range, and a few new ones!

Lunch is on us. We will once again fire up the grill with an assortment of meats!

Price is $125 per shooter. Round count will be no more than 150 rounds.

For those who feel they need a refresher, we will provide a half-day train up on Saturday, Feb 25th. Those who attend will be able to confirm come-ups out to 600 yards in preparation for the Steel Bash on Sunday.

Half-day Train Up will be $75 per shooter.

We currently have several sponsors stepping up to donate for the prize table.

Eberlestock Lo Drag pack from Delta Outdoorsman, Tactical Nylon from First Spear, MSTN, Phoenix Tactical, Milspec Monkey, and Kings Custom Coatings. Several others in the works!

Don't miss this one!

RONIN
www.roninstrategies.com

Re: Long Range Steel Bash just outside Memphis, TN

Are you going to have this match more than once a year. Can't make it on that date but would like to try it some other time.

Ed

I'll donate a Mil-Spec Hog Saddle to your prize table.
My pregnant wife is due in the same time frame so I won't be able to attend this Steel Bash.
I will have to make it out to the next one and slay some steel with you guys.

How many shooters will be able to sign up?
I can't find directions on the site for some reason other than a P.O. box... let me know the address so I can check the miles between the range and me. I definitely at least want to spectate, if that is allowed, since I don't know if I will be done with my modifications to my gun.

Ronin Combat Strategies is proud to announce the “2012 Long Range Steel Bash”. This competition will provide the law enforcement, military, and civilian precision shooter an opportunity to test their skills in a variety of tactical long range shooting scenarios.

This competition will be physically demanding with stages involving movement to positions and negotiation of obstacles.

PURPOSE:
To challenge precision rifle skills to include target recognition, range calculations, wind adjustments, supported/unsupported shooting positions, and precision marksmanship. Top shooter will be awarded based on overall speed and accuracy.

WHAT TO EXPECT:

- a full day of shooting on semi-reactive steel targets out to 600 yards
- 8 shooting stages (maximum of 10 targets per stage)
- each stage will require a maximum of 20 rounds
- to locate and engage targets under a given time limit
- to carry all gear required throughout the entire match
- targets will be marked and labeled, it will be up to the competitor to locate and engage the appropriate targets for each stage.

EQUIPMENT:
- Scoped Precision Rifle capable of 1 MOA accuracy or better
- A means to carry at least 20 rounds of ammo
- Eye/Ear Protection
- Rifle Sling
- Laser Rangefinders are permitted unless otherwise noted in a stage description (Some stages may require passive ranging)
- Alternate means of ranging targets (mil reticle, Mildot Master, etc.)
- Suppressors are encouraged!
- PDA/Data Books
- Bipod and Rear Bag (recommended)
- Pack to carry equipment (recommended)
- Spotting Scope and Binos may be used but are not necessary
- Hydration System
- Knee and Elbow Pads

AMMO:
150 rounds of Match Grade Ammo
Acceptable calibers are .243 up to .300 Win Mag (3200 fps max.)

*No steel core, steel jacketed, armor piercing, incendiary or tracer bullets are permitted.

SCHEDULE: (Sunday, February 26th)

0700-0800 hrs Sign In/Registration
0800 hrs Safety Brief/Rules of Engagement
0830 hrs Competition Begins
1100-1300 hrs Lunch (Grill Open)
1600 hrs Awards/Prizes

Registration will be done on a first come, first serve basis. The match will be limited to 15 competitors. Please complete a course registration form located in the top right corner of the homepage at www.roninstrategies.com, select Steel Bash and enter the appropriate date. You will receive a confirmation email shortly thereafter. Match payment will be due no later than February 15th.

COST:
$125 per Competitor (lunch included)

Please mail checks to:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Ronin Combat Strategies
P.O. Box 3635
Cordova, TN 38088-3635</span>

*Competitors are encouraged to attend the half-day train up on Saturday, February 25th. Registration and Sign In will be open during the train up from 1200-1600 hours.

TRAIN UP:
$75 per Competitor

A half-day train up will be offered to competitors on Saturday, February 25th from 1200-1600 hours. The train-up will allow competitors to confirm data out to 1000 yards.

SAFETY:
- Competitors shall practice good muzzle control and firearms safety at all times.
- Obey all Range Officer (RO) commands immediately.
- Competitors that do not handle their weapons safely will be disqualified from competing further in the match.
- Rifles shall be loaded only upon command of a RO. Rifles shall remain unloaded at all other times.
- Any unintentional discharge of a weapon shall result in the disqualification of the competitor.
- Ear protection is required to be worn at all times by competitors and spectators when in the vicinity of any weapons being fired. Eye protection is optionally but encouraged.
- Violation of any safety rule will result in match disqualification (DQ).

*Ronin Combat Strategies reserves the right to disqualify or expel any competitor caught cheating, or violating safety rules at any time during the competition.

MATCH RULES:
- The competitor may use only one rifle during the entire course of the match.
- All rifles must be equipped with a functioning safety.
- Ear protection is mandatory.
- Competitors shall practice good muzzle control and firearms safety at all times.
- In the event a weapon breaks or becomes inoperable during the match, the shooter may substitute a weapon of similar configuration for subsequent stages, but only after approval by the Match Director.
- Any competitor violating Equipment Rules will be subject to scoring penalties.

SCORING:
Competitors will be allowed up to 2 shots per steel target in order to achieve an impact.

1st rd Impact = 10 points
2nd rd Impact = 5 points
Miss = 0 points

- Each target called an “Impact” by the RO shall be scored accordingly.
- An “Impact” is a bullet that the RO judges to have impacted on the correct steel target. The RO’s judgement on impacts or misses is final and not subject to appeal. However, if the RO has doubt about his call the benefit shall go to the competitor. For example, if the RO observes the target move slightly upon a shot, but is unsure whether it was caused by an edge impact or a hanger impact, the impact should be awarded to the competitor.
- Targets not located and/or engaged, targets engaged after time has elapsed, and targets missed shall score no points.
- Each stage will have between 1 to 5 shooting positions that will be marked accordingly. RO’s will provide a walk through of each stage prior to the start.
- Upon the start signal, the competitor will have a fixed amount of time to locate and engage each available target unless otherwise noted. All targets will be located so as to be visible from the start position unless otherwise noted.
- After each shot, the RO will immediately advise the competitor whether it was judged an “Impact” or “Miss”. No other information may be provided to the competitor regarding the location of the bullet impacts until after the competitor has engaged all of the targets for the stage.
- Upon request, the RO will provide the competitor with information regarding elapsed time or time remaining for the stage.
- The RO will announce when the stage time has elapsed at which point the competitor shall immediately unload the rifle and demonstrate to the RO that the rifle is cleared of all ammunition.

PENALTIES:
- A failure to engage (FTE) penalty will be assessed for every target not engaged by the time the competitor moves past the target's shoot position. The competitor may not back up. The RO determines and has final say if shooter engaged a target or not.
- A procedural penalty will be assessed for failure to follow directions.
- Procedural and FTE penalties will cause -5 points to be applied to the stage score per infraction.
- The match director may apply scoring penalties up to full match disqualification for match disruptions caused by competitors or inividuals in their party, on his discretion alone.
- This is an individual match. Any attempts to communicate with or help another competitor against instructions by match staff or any cheating will be met with penalties up to match disqualification for all parties involved.

Current list of Sponsors/Prizes:

- First Spear
- Shadowtech/Hog Saddle
- Delta Outdoorsman/Eberlestock
- MSTN
- Phoenix Tactical/Alamo Four Star
- TAB Gear
- Impact Databooks
- Milspec Monkey
- Kings Custom Coatings

More to come...

Hope to see you on the range!

S/F

Jason

We would like to come for the train up day but not sure if we can make it early enough, can we pay for this the day of the train up or will we need to send funds with the competition money?

hogsaddle.jpg

Sounds like a bitchen match. Next time I visit family in the area I will try and time it so I can do some shooting with ya'll.

More assorted Big Dog steel just arrived for the match to include prizes for the table!

No one will leave empty handed.

Anyone interested in a new suppressor for your rifle? Colonial Armory LLC will be on hand with demos from Thunder Beast, AAC, Surefire, Silencerco, etc.

See you on the range.

S/F

I am going to try to have at least one rifle fully assembled to attend the refresher day if possible. May just be helping Rangerwalker.
It was good meeting you and your crew last weekend. Wish I could have shot more with you guys though.

Pete, it was a pleasure meeting you. Look forward to shooting with you more in the future. Hope that rifle is ready by the comp!

Sweet rifles Taliv, there is no doubt you are ready to play!

(2) new packs just arrived from First Spear. They are gonna make some lucky shooter pretty happy.

Less than 2 weeks out!

S/F

RONIN47 UPDATE: Ceracoat applied, tonight on rifle, test fire Sunday, Shipping back to me Monday, I'll put it back together Tuesday, you'll need to confirm zero and adjust for that new TBAC 30P-1, My range Wednesday?

Today is Train Up for the Long Range Steel Bash, Come out and burn some powder, check out the course, confirm your range dope. Check out some Class III demo's as well. If your in the Memphis area head south to Desoto Rifle and Pistol Club, link: http://dsrp.net/.

Sunday is the shoot, come watch, have some fun, more Demo's Sunday too.

Great match, and lots of good people! I enjoyed it, but wish I had a running rifle (deffinately next time). The Ronin Strategies staff are top notch. I appreciate you guys bringing these matches to the Memphis area.