Looking for a 1913 Picatinny Rail Female to Arca Swiss Female Adaptor

DustBun

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 7, 2018
    Ocala, FL
    I am looking for an adapter that goes from a 1913 Picatinny Female to an ARCA Swiss Female, preferably with a QD on the Picatinny rail. I have seen Male Picatinny to ARCA adapters but not Female Picatinny. I can buy the separate adapters and attach them with an adapter but was hoping to find something that exists already. Sketch of what I am looking for below. Thanks in advance.

1913 to ARCA.jpg

I am looking for an adapter that goes from a 1913 Picatinny Female to an ARCA Swiss Female, preferably with a QD on the Picatinny rail. I have seen Male Picatinny to ARCA adapters but not Female Picatinny. I can buy the separate adapters and attach them with an adapter but was hoping to find something that exists already. Sketch of what I am looking for below. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 7976250

Did you ever find one? I’m looking for the same thing so I can attach my older LRA bipod to my stocks with a male arca rail. If not, what did you buy to piece it together? My bipod is made to attach to picatinny.

IMG_4338.jpeg

Did you ever find one? I’m looking for the same thing so I can attach my older LRA bipod to my stocks with a male arca rail. If not, what did you buy to piece it together? My bipod is made to attach to picatinny.

View attachment 8485460

Perhaps this is what you are looking for. Picatinny adapter for ARCA clamps. Note that it is 2 parts that you would have to buy. The Picatinny rail and the ARCA clamp. Sold separately.

https://www.area419.com/product/picatinny-1913-rail-for-arcalock-clamps/

https://www.area419.com/product/arcalock-clamp/

1724351782524.png

Attachments

• 1724351219570.png
      1724351219570.png
      51.7 KB · Views: 8
    Reactions: KYAggie
    Perhaps this is what you are looking for. Picatinny adapter for ARCA clamps. Note that it is 2 parts that you would have to buy. The Picatinny rail and the ARCA clamp. Sold separately.

View attachment 8485493
    I don’t think that’s what he’s looking for. He’s looking for a female picatinny to female Arca (see his sketch in post #1). That’s a male picatinny to female Arca.

I’ve looked for the same thing without success.

Reactions: DustBun and KYAggie
    I don’t think that’s what he’s looking for. He’s looking for a female picatinny to female Arca (see his sketch in post #1). That’s a male picatinny to female Arca.

I’ve looked for the same thing without success.
    You may be right. But KYAggie's picture of the bipod is showing a female Picatinny clamp. Maybe the clamp can be removed and it exposes the rail.

This may not be the best solution, but you could get 2 of these clamps and use M6 screws to lock them together, back to back. The screw head would protrude. But if you put the head on the side that attaches to the ARCA rail, you might have enough clearance. Then just cut the screw to the length needed to not interfere with the Picatinny rail. Loctite on the screws to keep them secure.

Weyllan AP50 Picatinny ARCA Clamp

1724355017020.png

1724355369291.png

You may be right. But KYAggie's picture of the bipod is showing a female Picatinny clamp. Maybe the clamp can be removed and it exposes the rail.

This may not be the best solution, but you could get 2 of these clamps and use M6 screws to lock them together, back to back. The screw head would protrude. But if you put the head on the side that attaches to the ARCA rail, you might have enough clearance. Then just cut the screw to the length needed to not interfere with the Picatinny rail. Loctite on the screws to keep them secure.

Weyllan AP50 Picatinny ARCA Clamp

View attachment 8485542

View attachment 8485552
    Yes, maybe for @KYAggie, but the OP, @DustBun , and I too need a more elegant solution for true interchangeable accessories and specific applications.

I’ve dabbled with some pieces together solutions and am still looking for “it”. 😁

• Haha
    Reactions: DustBun and KYAggie

View attachment 8485493

This is actually what I need or that other arca clamp with a section of picatinny attached. I need to go from the picatinny clamp that’s not removable on my bipod to an arca clamp for the rail on my gun. Looks like I’ll have to piece it together.

I appreciate the ideas!

Last edited:
    Reactions: lash and Ichi

View attachment 7976250
    If it's for a bipod, would this work?

View attachment 8485460
    Sorry I did not respond sooner. To answer your question, no I never did find what I was looking for so I designed an adaptor plate and machined the following. Hope this helps.

301113_A.jpg

110252-1_A.jpg

110252-2_A.jpg

IMG_2222.JPG

P1010005.JPG

P1010002.JPG

Last edited:
    Reactions: DustBun
    Reactions: DustBun and lash
    Dang, that’s what I need. You could probably sell those. I’ll likely piece something together with parts.
    By the time you get done buying the mounts and the machining time the costs get a bit high. The plate was challenging to machine with the angles and the small size, it was difficult to clamp down and still keep references. I think it is a low volume niche part that after most people see the price, only a small number of of units would sell to people like us. Since my time is "free", haha, and I had the material and the machinery to make it, it was really just the cost of the mounts, and they were still a bit high.

I forgot to add the drawings/part numbers for the mounts in the other post so they are below if you are interested.

407749_A.jpg

407756_A.jpg