• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

looking for a good grendel load

Re: looking for a good grendel load

CCI - 450 primers
Accurate 2520
Scenar bullets 123 (lupua)
Lupua brass

Found my load at 30.5gr and oal of 2.265

I have also used 123 Gr SMKs but get better accuracy out of the scenars

Check out the Grendel forum... http://www.65grendel.com/forum. Seems like most of us are using 2520 at the present, but I know a few (myself included) that are interested in finding something a bit more temperature stable. Right now I'm barking up the IMR 8208 XBR tree... we'll see if it gets me where I wanna be velocity wise...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerbe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone got a good load for a grendel ........ powder? </div></div>

I started using A2520 and 123gr AMax and Scenars. I had some temp sensitivity problems with 2520 and when the temp would go up my groups would open up. I have sense switched to IMR 8208XBR and have been VERY happy. Went from .75" groups to .45-.65" groups.

19" AA Shilen upper

Lapua brass
28.4 IMR 8208XBR
123 Scenar
CCI 450m

This is in the upper limits of pressure. Start 10% low and work up.

Until that day,
Darkop

Yes, also very interested in hearing about the XBR velocity. AA2520 is fast, but I can't get it to shoot accurate groups in my G.
thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Low Sioux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What kind of velocity do you get from this XBR load? </div></div>

Sorry guys, was out of town for a few days.

I'm getting 2538 fps (10 shot average) with my Chrony Beta.
This is with a 19.5 barrel, not one of the longer tubes.

I have found that living here in Alaska that the 8208 XBR is more temp stable than 2520 but do get a little opening up when warmer. Now to be more clear, the temps I'm talking about are 15-50 degrees f. Not some of that nastiness some of you guys shoot in outside in the world.

It did get hot enough last week that I was getting mirage off the ground and I shot horrible groups at 250 yds (ie: 2 MOA). I know nothing about mirage and am reading up on how to deal with it. But that is for another thread.

Until that day,
Darkop