• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Looking for a good quality PR soft case

ctso030

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2013
south texas
Got my wife a new long range hunting rifle. Thinking about a soft case. It will be used for transporting to and from hunting lease. No air travel. Needs to have storage compartments for suppressor and ammo., must be padded

I've tried many different soft cases, but keep going back to my Tac-Ops drag bag. It's built extremely well and has several pockets for storage. It even has a small shooting mat included that folds and fits in an internal pocket. It isn't the cheapest, but I don't think you'll find one that's of higher quality.

I recently bought a SERT gen 4 I think 42" case in Cryptec camo.

They have a gen 5 now so it was inexpensive but I did buy a bunch of pouches and a plate carrier to get over $200 for free shipping.

The case is very nice, with ridgid pastic sheet as well as foam padding so point impacts will be spread over larger areas of foam and your gun inside that. It also keeps the rifle from printing (although the Cryptec is a good clue that it's a gun case).

The foam and plastic padding is held within zippered compartments so it can be removed if needed.

There is an exterior pocket, it is padded but it is stitched in, no zipper. I don't recall if it has plastic.

The interior is all PALS with some moveable straps for positioning a rifle. It also has a MOLLE tripple magazine pouch inside.

There is a shoulder strap and rings for making backpack straps but you need an extra strap to make that work (I bought one and it is black, not Cryptec so it doesn't match but I don't care).

The difference between gen 4-5 is the strap, gen 5 has a longer strap that can convert to backpack straps, that's it.

Oh, I think it is designed to fit inside a Pelican 1720 case for air travel or just waterproofing.

Everything I got seems very well made but if I needed two more cases, I would just order them and that would be enough for free shipping.

Thanks for the plug, @flyer , @deersniper !

@ctso030 , I know it’s a tad late but if I can help answer any questions you may have about our SERT cases, please do not hesitate. Our cases are designed to fit into Pelicans. I have a new Precision Rifle Bag that would be perfect but it’s only going into production next month and will not be available until December. Nevertheless, here are some photos that I’d like to share.

Thanks!

Attachments

• B67671AD-7DE1-4C92-BF9C-074FB1903C8A.jpeg
    B67671AD-7DE1-4C92-BF9C-074FB1903C8A.jpeg
    209.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 4C7E6150-76F0-41F4-A1AF-640EDB24AF04.jpeg
    4C7E6150-76F0-41F4-A1AF-640EDB24AF04.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 89
  • BEB976FA-9D73-4342-A82F-1CA8E2D95B8C.jpeg
    BEB976FA-9D73-4342-A82F-1CA8E2D95B8C.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Thanks for the plug, @flyer , @deersniper !

@ctso030 , I know it’s a tad late but if I can help answer any questions you may have about our SERT cases, please do not hesitate. Our cases are designed to fit into Pelicans. I have a new Precision Rifle Bag that would be perfect but it’s only going into production next month and will not be available until December. Nevertheless, here are some photos that I’d like to share.

Thanks!
I am looking for a range bag for a 6.5CM RPR, ammo and it’s accessories. Which are the best options for an extended and folded RPR? Thanks.

36” long with stock folded. 46.5” with stock extended. Thanks.

Thanks @ViP, appreciate you sharing this. There are 2 options here. At 36" folded you can easily fit it in the 36" TCC 'cos 36" is the internal dimension/length and not external. Then you have the option of utilizing a Pelican Storm iM3100 that the 36" TCC fits into in case you are considering a hard case for traveling. You will not require either of the foams in the Storm case.

Fully extended at 46.5", it is going to be 1/2" longer but that is not an issue with our TCCs, it will allow up to 1" of expansion and you don't have to worry about your muzzle etc 'cos it's very well padded all around. There will be only that slight bulge.

Hope this helps!