• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Looking for a tough double shoulder sling, No Joy!

Navysh00ter

Private
Minuteman
Nov 15, 2010
I finally managed to order my first/last custom rifle. It's a 300 WM 26" modified MTU barrel w/ FTE brake built on a Surgeon XL and BM.
The gun is heavier than expected, the barrel is a monster! I'm looking for opinions for a backpack strap type rear carry sling. I've searched and no luck. Any feedback welcome, Thanks in advance!

Re: Looking for a tough double shoulder sling, No Joy!

Thanks KNIGHT/Maroni,
That is exactly what I was looking for! Any opinion on their quality? (TAB that is..)

Both TAB and TIS slings are TOP quality.

TAB offers 2 models of the Biathlon sling, the regular and elite. The elite offers higher rated buckles but trust me, the regular is more than strong enough.

Dont worry about quality from TAB or TIS slings. You are getting the best.

Buy one you will NOT be disappointed. I have put mine through hell hiking all over to go shooting up in the cascades. They are good kit.

I use a TAB biathlon sling and it is top notch. I have used it on my heavy target gun as well as with my shotgun hunting turkeys and coyotes.

I use the TIS on my LR-308 with the 24" bull barrel and all I can say is wow and buy from Triad. Also look into the Eberlestock rifle packs they are a pricey but good, CeyleonC is a dist.

Get the TAB. We just finished the Rifles Only High Angle class. I packed an 18lb 7wsm through the mountains, 4 days, up to 8000ft, up a rock face, in the rain, (up hill, both ways) and it was as comfortable as possible. Combine it with one of TAB's rifle covers, and it was a very light, convenient, effective weapon transport system. I will try and get some of the pictures up shortly....