• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Looking for Vortex Razor 30x Mil/MRAD Ranging Eyepiece Reticle (RZR-30-RT-M)

Another review on the Amazon page said the same thing. In for one.

target height is 12.25"
at 100 yards that is 3.4 mils
so if we calibrate the rangebuddy app to be 6 inches from the center to the 6 mil mark,
then we can measure the size of the target and it should be 3.4" in the app.

We get 3.35" which is ~1.5% error. Which can be attributed to stacking errors of distance, target size, using the app etc.

target height is 12.25"
at 100 yards that is 3.4 mils
so if we calibrate the rangebuddy app to be 6 inches from the center to the 6 mil mark,
then we can measure the size of the target and it should be 3.4" in the app.

We get 3.35" which is ~1.5% error. Which can be attributed to stacking errors of distance, target size, using the app etc.

I got my Burris eyepiece in today. Does yours have a little play between the eyepiece and the scope body? Mine rattles around a bit, but does lock in, and the view seems solid in the 3minutes I had to play with it. Some felt or a gasket of some sort may be in order, but first indications are good.

I got my Burris eyepiece in today. Does yours have a little play between the eyepiece and the scope body? Mine rattles around a bit, but does lock in, and the view seems solid in the 3minutes I had to play with it. Some felt or a gasket of some sort may be in order, but first indications are good.
Might try small o ring.

It has been a long time since I used my spotting scope but I can check when I get home, IIRC there was no play in it.

I guess all have given up on MIL eyepiece. No activity after October 2019? Just got a ATS 80 and need a ranging eyepiece.

The same Amazon reviews, and post#4 in this thread, indicate that the Burris eyepiece, and the Vortex as well, may also fit your Swaro:

The reviews on Amazon indicate that it fits the Swaro just a little loose. Perhaps an o-ring or gasket would snug it up.

Check out the reviews. I think the 3rd or 4th review maybe mentions fitment on ats/sts spotters:

Burris 626202 Spotter Eyepiece, 30X WA, Scr MOA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JQXGD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_vQhrEbYTXAVKN

I posted a dimensioned drawing in the "Kowa Reticle Eyepiece" thread, if it helps.

If you order this one on Amazon, dont forget to choose the correct reticle. I think it defaults to the SCR MOA.

Last edited:
What focal length is the Burris eyepiece set to? The 1st gen Vortex and the Swaro 65/85's were the same focal length, so the subtensions work perfectly on either. If the Burris scope is shorter/longer, the subtensions will not be accurate.

Did you hunt your ring down locally?

yes, local Ace Hardware
What focal length is the Burris eyepiece set to? The 1st gen Vortex and the Swaro 65/85's were the same focal length, so the subtensions work perfectly on either. If the Burris scope is shorter/longer, the subtensions will not be accurate.

I measured the sub tensions on know sizes at know distances and they were extremely close if not the exact same

Both the gen 1 vortex and Burris signature spotters had an objective focal length of 457mm.

The eyepiece focal length can be calculated by dividing the objective focal length by the magnification. 457/30 = 15.233mm

The ST80 objective focal length is 460mm, according to some random birdwatching forum. A 30x eyepiece on the Swaro would have a focal length of 15.333mm.

So, assuming the front lense in in the Burris eyepiece mounts up it the same spot as a it would in the Swaro eyepiece (I know, pretty unlikely), the Burris eyepiece on a ST80 would result in 30.197x magnification.

So, the reticle would appear a little bit (.197x) undersized.

The subtensions would be undervalued by 0.63%

Last edited:
Reactions: Hillpuller
Shoot! I just sold one on Ebay. They always seem to have a few on there. Sometimes you can get a good deal. I can't post in PX yet or would have sold there.

I didn't like it for the long distances since it was fixed at 30x but was really useful for up to 500 for me.

This place is amazing! I friend gave me a great deal on a slightly used STS80 and I've been thinking about the STR ranging eyepiece until I saw the cost.

Then I literally stumble across this thread. I read it (and the 2013 Swarovski thread referenced by Ken226), jumped on Amazon to find a Burris (doesn't ship for a month), went over to Scopelist and found one, made and offer and got it for under $200 shipped.

I realize this is an old thread but hoping you all will have some input on this. When I try to put the Burris mil eyepiece in my Gen 1 razor it is super tight. It takes way you much effort to fully rotate the eyepiece so the vertical axis of the mil reticle is straight. After getting it on with the reticle straight, I had to use way too much pressure to get it off. Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited: