• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Looking for your Fierce Firearms Impressions

Wright406

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2014
Montana
Hey Hide,,

I checked out an action on a Fierce and it really impressed me. I’m a huge fan as a hunter of the Sako style actions which is what they have used as their design, as well as the controlled round feed, short throw etc etc.

I’m curious if anyone has Owned one and what kind of impressions you had on them pertaining to accuracy and QC.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: McCoyoioi
up!
i'm looking for info too as i'm considering an edge(or a fury) in 6.5 prc or 28 nosler(need help about caliber choice too!) .
i'm a huge sako 85 fan and fierce seems to have solve all the things i don't like in my sako's.

thank you for your help

I have a Fierce Edge 7 mag 1:8.5 that absolutely rules out of the box. The FFL was also a range out to 300+ yards. I went from transfer to range in about 20 minutes, picked up a box of Hornady 150gn ELD-X and got on the line. I inspected, cleaned and lubed; started sending after qa/qc. Rifle came with a Leupold vx6-HD 3-18x50 tmoa. 100yrds first group of 5 was about 3/4 moa, the rifle came with a target shot and verifying sub .5 inch at 100 yards. They were shooting 160 Nosler accubond when the grouped. Next day I was in a stand with it taking a good 8 point at 330ish yards off a wind blown branch 5-8 gusts at about 2-230 and dropped him where he stood. I was shooting 150gn Hornady interlock for hunting. Lesson learned about ballistic expansion at high velocity, had it not been a heart shot I would have been searching. The entry wound was the same as exit. Anyway the rifle shot great, recoil was actually less than my .308.
Their stock is nice and solid, distributed the recoil well. Actually, that rifle is what got me interested in LRM. The magnum action is awesome and smooth. Only annoyance I can think of, is when working the action slow the cartridge sometime falls back in. For me, really that only happens trying to group. Normal pace cycle it gets it out of the way. Ejection pattern has it tap windage on large terrets, which both my vx6 and NF NXS has... Tink

Last edited: