• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos Lucky guess??

TRPAUBREY

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2011
These are 5 shot groups at 107 yards with my Remington 700 in .308. I was trying some 165 Sierra HPBT and Hornady 168gr HPBT. I just used a middle of the road powder charge for each and spent alot of time prepping my brass. I was smiling ear to ear. I've always been a semi-auto kind a guy and I'm just getting into this accuracy thing. It is pretty addictive!

Re: Lucky guess??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TRP Aubrey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is in grains. My manaul said 32-44 grains, so I decided to start in the middle. </div></div>

while it would appear to be a good load I would think you might try a true ladder test. In addition you can hide a elephant at 100. go to 300 and see what is happening.

Re: Lucky guess??

I am planning on doing a ladder test after the snow melts. There is about 3 feet of snow on the range and 100 yards is as far as it has been plowed out. Our local range is 300 yards....is a ladder test effective enough at this distance? I read somewhere that 300 to 500 is the optimal distance.