• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

M*Carbo

paulL01

Didicoy Muggle
Minuteman
May 2, 2012
Blue Ridge Mtns
Just installed it on my FN PBR XP A5 Mcmillan. ( 300 WSM ) So far, very impressed!
Especially considering the trigger has no creep to begin with, the M*Carbo spring lightend the trigger pull weight substantially! I'm in the process of trying to find my damn pull gauge lol......once I find it, I'll post the pull weight.
20191115_135335.jpg

Actually found my trigger pull gauge, and after removing both nuts, and replacing the factory spring with the M*Carbo spring, the trigger pull weight is a CONSISTENT 1.5 pounds. This is prolly the nicest rifle trigger I've ever pulled. She had no creep to begin with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alabusa
My father put an MCarbo spring in his 40 year old Winchester Model 70. With this simple mod, his trigger became one of the nicest ones I've felt. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade if the other factors in your trigger are OK (creep, over-travel etc.)

My father put an MCarbo spring in his 40 year old Winchester Model 70. With this simple mod, his trigger became one of the nicest ones I've felt. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade if the other factors in your trigger are OK (creep, over-travel etc.)

Exactly!
Like I said, if you have a good trigger to begin with ( no creep, no overtravel )
Then, the M*Carbo spring just does wonders for the pull weight.
I tell ya, I am very excited about this.
Heck, I was getting ready to drop big bucks for a Timney or Jewel replacement trigger.
But, this $12 spring did the trick and then some.

Exactly!
Like I said, if you have a good trigger to begin with ( no creep, no overtravel )
Then, the M*Carbo spring just does wonders for the pull weight.
I tell ya, I am very excited about this.
Heck, I was getting ready to drop big bucks for a Timney or Jewel replacement trigger.
But, this $12 spring did the trick and then some.
Good to hear. I just picked up a FN SPR A1. I was looking at the M Carbo spring but was a little hesitant on ordering one. Sounds like they work good. ?

I put their spring kit in my 597. The aluminum rollers instead of the stock plastic is nice.

My factory spring may have been worn quite substantially (had maybe 5000 rounds through it), but I couldn't tell a difference in pull weight.

I put their spring kit in my 597. The aluminum rollers instead of the stock plastic is nice.

My factory spring may have been worn quite substantially (had maybe 5000 rounds through it), but I couldn't tell a difference in pull weight.

On the win model 70, the difference between the 2 springs was night and day. And, that's just looking at them. The stock spring was short and very thick and very stout. The M*Carbo spring was longer, thinner and much more flexible.
But, I hear ya on your original being worn and nice. I'll bet after 5k rounds, she was indeed.