• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes M24 optic info

docak47

Private
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2010
Good evening guys, iam trying to find some information on an optic that came with the remington m24 platform, some of these guns were issued with the leupold 10x and also there was a few that had a leupold ultra 20x-m1 has anyone seen one, also any idea on value, any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Pictures would help, the M24 platform issued scopes were either the old L&S M3a Ultra 10x or the MK4 m3. In the mid eighties L&S had a 10x & 16x Ultra-m1, 1/4 moa mil dot reticle, and the later 10x-m2 with a v ranging reticle, sometimes called the Barrett reticle.

This optic is the leupold ultra 20x-m1 L & S INC.
20180305_135245.jpg

Never actually seen a pic of one before that simply said m1, your scope is early, made in 84. Most I've seen have m1a marked on the bottom, not sure when they made the improvements, around 86 I think. The 20x wasn't an issued scope for the M24, your scope predates the M24 program by several years, not sure how ot ended up on your M24. As for value, 650-1000 maybe, one of the problems with these scopes and the m3a ultras is the nonnexistent of parts to repair them, fortunately they are built like tanks, I still have 10x's that function perfectly.