Gunsmithing Macs gun works and Long range precision arms!

Tulo2tass2

Private
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2013
Has anyone had work done by either Macs gun works/NWP firearms out of Gillette, Wyoming OR Long range precision(LRP) out of Salt lake City, Utah? I would appreciate any feed back on their work. Looking to have a pair of rifles built and would like to hear some first hand experience with both smiths. Has anyone used NWP actions? What do you like/dislike? How does it compare to Stiller and the more expensive Deviant's? (NEVER OWNED EITHER) Also if you have pictures of a rifle built buy these guys please post it! Thanks

If you're out in that neck of the woods send the work to Chad Dixon at LongRifles Inc in Sturgis SD. Huge sponsor here and his work is the best I've seen. He's rebuilt two rifles for me. My Tikka T3 rebuild was his first and it shoots in the .2's and .3's with a #4 barrel with little effort on my part. I've owned a lot of custom rifles from some of the best builders here on the hide. Hands down this is the finest weapon I've ever owned and I'm not just talking about the accuracy. The overall balance, finish and fit is just incredible!

LongRifles, Inc. - Remember, Men will bet their lives on the work you do.

Thanks Jeff,

I have considered them, just don't know why I haven't given them a call. I have heard nothing but good stuff from them! Do you have a picture of your Tikka T3?

I also live in that "neck of the woods". I only know of two shooters here that use Mac's & I have yet to see either of their rigs. I personally use LRI, a few use Bison Barrels & one or two more use GAP.

Chad is only 90mins from here, returns my calls & builds all the crazy chit I come up with. Call Chad, he's busy as f*#$ right now but he's still rolling, LRI's quality & performance can't be beat locally IMHO.

t