• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Magazines hard to feed in AR platform

FARGO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Anyone ever had a hard time getting their magazine out of an AR Platform... ???

I have a new DPMS SASS 308 and just got four new 10 round mags from C-Products... 2 work just fine but 2 of them are a true bitch to get into the gun and to remove I have to pop the pin and push it out from inside... I am trying to work the magazine in and out but it just doesnt seem to be getting any better... I can see where the finish is coming off of the mags but they are still too damn tight!

Anyone ever had this issue??? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Tom.

Re: AR10 C-Products Magazine hard to feed

Jesus, be careful of the thread title man. DPMS does not make an ar-10, they just make an LAR-30 or wahtever its called. Ar-10s are only proprietary to armalite/noveske style.

You had me all excited for a second, thought there was a new manufacturer of ar-10 mags!

But yes, as suggested contact them. C products has been good to me in the past about replacing defective mag parts on my 9mm mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesus, be careful of the thread title man. DPMS does not make an ar-10, they just make an LAR-30 or wahtever its called. Ar-10s are only proprietary to armalite/noveske style.

You had me all excited for a second, thought there was a new manufacturer of ar-10 mags!

But yes, as suggested contact them. C products has been good to me in the past about replacing defective mag parts on my 9mm mags. </div></div>

hahaha... changed the title for ya man..
smile.gif
Anyways, i sent a quick email to C-products... hope to hear back from them soon.

That's kind of crazy for new mags.

The only similar problem is with some (well) used USGI 5.56 mags I have. About 4 of them are rough getting in and out of my girlfriend RRA. All the newer mags, including USGI and PMags fit in there perfectly. The offending magazines happen to work just fine in both my RRA lower built rifles, though.

I suspected that it was just pressure expanding the feed lips on the mags, which doesn't sound like the problem you are having at all.

You might try taking a micrometer to the mags and seeing how much of a discrepancy there is between the tight ones and the fitting ones. That's really all I can think of.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

smile.gif
Anyways, i sent a quick email to C-products... hope to hear back from them soon. </div></div>

I have had horrible problems getting e-mail responses from C-Products, but they do respond to phone calls promptly. It may be worth your time to call them if you don't get a response to your e-mail in short order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

smile.gif
Anyways, i sent a quick email to C-products... hope to hear back from them soon. </div></div>

I have had horrible problems getting e-mail responses from C-Products, but they do respond to phone calls promptly. It may be worth your time to call them if you don't get a response to your e-mail in short order. </div></div>

Ya... I will give them a couple days.... if I havent heard back from them by next week, I will give them a call.

I had the same problem with some 6.8 mags. I ordered 6 of them. 4 of them were out of spec and were to tight. So I sent those back, the other two work when no ammo is in them. But when I load them up they expand and are to tight also. I have had good luck with .223 C products stuff, but am pretty turned off of them now. 6 for 6 are shit, that doesn't say to much for them in my book.

The C-Products DPMS mags that are tight can be easily fixed. I have 4 10 round and 4 20's and about half were too tight to drop free.

The full length weld on the rear of the mag gets a little too high on some of them.

Just take a file and smooth up the weld, they are Stainless steel so they won't rust, but I hit the filed area w/ some Krylon for looks.

I like the C-Products mags better because they allow about .050" longer bullet seating depth than the factory mags that have the overlapped area in the front.

Have a New .223/5.56 mag that wont seat at all and mag body looks bent inward. Holds rounds, but no use when it wont lock in. But, this is only one from about 15+ from friends and mine. Not worth sending in one when shipping cost close to the mag. Multiple I would for sure.

From what I have read/heard C-Products stands behind their product and will make it right.