MagPul Stock Mod

bigjake83

Golden Shellback
Minuteman
  • May 19, 2013
    Southern Idaho
    Not sure if im late to this party but I picked up a MOE-PR Stock to find out if the Larue Riser would be compatible, I wanted to test it out on the cheap MOE first before I buy one of the DT-PR to Mod. Sure enough.... one Beer later it came together.

20240904_192151.jpg

20240904_191447.jpg
    20240904_191312.jpg

For my face and a normal 1.54ish height mount- the Larue risr is jusssttt a bit too high for me.

The magpul .5 in riser works better for me by being slightly lower (like .1 in or something but makes a difference), albeit without the slidey ability to charge the CH with stock collapsed

Not sure if im late to this party but I picked up a MOE-PR Stock to find out if the Larue Riser would be compatible, I wanted to test it out on the cheap MOE first before I buy one of the DT-PR to Mod. Sure enough.... one Beer later it came together.
    So you bought a $45.00 stock just to make sure it would work on a $65.00 stock? Am I following this correctly? Surly I am missing something!

So you bought a $45.00 stock just to make sure it would work on a $65.00 stock? Am I following this correctly? Surly I am missing something!

No.. I bought a $35 stock to find out if it's compatible with the LARUE Riser. If im going to permanently Modifying a stock I'm sure as hell not going to experiment on more costly option.

Does that explain everything,
    Or do I need to draw it in Crayon?

The stock you really want is $20 more than the one you bought to "test" that's like almost four beers in a bar!

Man, who can argue with that kind of sound financial logic Dave Ramsey would be proud!
    Who else gives a sh_t how someone else spends THEIR money... ?
    I'd bet a lot of people have bought parts for experimenting with... geez

Anyway Thanks Again, bigjake83

Who else gives a sh_t how someone else spends THEIR money... ?
    I'd bet a lot of people have bought parts for experimenting with... geez

Anyway Thanks Again, bigjake83
    I don't give a fuck about how anyone spends their money I was merely pointing out how for a mere $20 more bucks he could have gone with the one he really wanted, and not put $45 into the one he didn't, but hey I get it everyone looks at things different. It's just my opinion not saying it's right or wrong.