• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Movie Theater Magpul videos and ITAR restrictions

ancientmariner

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2010
Europe
Hi,
I intended to purchase a Magpul video, but it turned out none of dealers ships overseas. Funny thing, had no clue that such videos fall under the scope of ITAR. Do you think that might be the case?

Re: Magpul videos and ITAR restrictions

I have bought and received carbine 2 and Precision rifle from Brownells so I <span style="text-decoration: underline">know</span> they export.
Also, there are dealers in Norway who carry the Magpul DVDs (and others like Kyle lambs)

Edit: Travis Haley also confirmed on M4C that the dvds could be exported (from before he left the company)

Bought mine from Brownells, saw the ITAR warning on it, considered whether I should stick a fork in my eyeballs so I would forget the top-secret stuff on it but then thought better of it.

The other videos didn't have the ITAR warning... Not sure if this was an extra warning to get people not to post them on the internet or what. My assumption is that's not the case. The information in the other videos is readily available and easy to get from many different instructors. They were just refining the the way it was taught by presenting it in such a manner it was easy to understand and providing some improvements.

With the new video they primary instructor is a current contractor for military sniper/DM training. So I bet it was crossing the line some as to not being readily available information. I have no idea if the video had to be reviews by the state department or if they just put it on there to keep him safe from the feds saying he was allowing his information outside the country. Maybe that's what the hold up was that made the video released 6 months after they thought it would be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FCB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> [...] I have no idea if the video had to be reviews by the state department [...] </div></div>

Who makes decisions like that in a government department? Right, a low lever public official.
I bet the 22 year old girl with a bachelor in "whatever" from Washington State University had no f***g idea about rifles, sniping or something else related to the military.

Sorry about the sarcasm...

I ordered precision rifle from Brownells, but haven't heard anything from them other than a order confirmation.

Tried mailing them asking what's going on, but no answer for several days.. !?

Guess i will have to wait or figure some other way to order!?!? :eek:(

-Kenneth

well, i don't mind supporting by paying for the dvd, as thet have put alot of work into making it.. !

I have tryed emailing Brownells again, but still they refuse to answer !?!? Some service they have... ???

-Kenneth