• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Making Swiss guys lose their minds

VJJPunisher

Necromancing the stone
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2010
prison purse
So I got bored, have this Swiss model 1911

IMG_7169.png

Looked around and saw they are still only 500 ish dollar rifles so fuck it, gonna chop it apart. The 7.5x55 Swede is still a fantastic cartridge, along with this ones bore is superb, gonna leave it be and keep its barrel. Chopped it down to 16.5 inches, and lopped off the stock

IMG_7170.jpeg

Ordered a Williams sight that fits it. Drilled and tapped the reciever for the Williams, cut a picatinny and drilled and tapped the flat from the old rear sight for the picatinny(scout scope or rmr), drilled and tapped barrel for the front sight. Already got a couple coats of oil in the stock a ways to go on it.

Still need to thread the barrel and decide on a brake.

I know it’s gonna make some lose their shit but it’s mine so suck it

IMG_7178.jpeg

IMG_7179.jpeg

Be careful with placing the rear sight.
Due to the torsional effect on the action induced by the helical cut for the bolt cam, you need to offset the rear sight mounting holes to compensate.
It's the Swiss version of spindrift, and not discussed outside of alpenflage regions.
I've got a drawing somewhere, but it has dimensions and is hard to understand.

Due to the torsional effect on the action induced by the helical cut for the bolt cam, you need to offset the rear sight mounting holes to compensate.
It's the Swiss version of spindrift, and not discussed outside of alpenflage regions.
He offset that effect by using modern torx head screws. If he would had used a slot head, then that problem you mentioned would be hard to avoid.

• Haha
Reactions: RPN and ZG47A
That’s because they aren’t Exact dimensions.

I get both sides of the original versus modified mil arms argument, but have done things sometimes myself because I could and I wanted to. I like to shoot my firearms. Even the vintage or older ones.

And truthfully, I don’t own any masterpieces or super rare items.

Reactions: RPN
Love my Swiss guns

paint (2).JPG

Copy of the STG 57 scope mount I built
DSCN3515.JPG

paint (1).JPG

DSCN4217.JPG

swiss pic crop.jpg
swiss rifle.jpg
swiss-gun-range-12.jpg
swiss shooting.jpg

Me shooting my Grunig and Elmiger 300m Free Rifle for US Forces Europe Shooting team at the Zurich Internationale Matchwoche in 1983
zurich 13.jpg

Shooting a match at the ZSV
zurich me shooting.jpg

Zurich Albisguetli shooting range
web-albisguetli-zurich.jpg

K31 Scheutzen rifle I built, now in the possession of SirH
me k31.jpg

Last edited: