• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

Re: Mammoth Sniper Challenge - Park City, KY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to look at past match photos
wink.gif
</div></div>

Where would those be?
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to look at past match photos
wink.gif
</div></div>

Where would those be?
smile.gif
</div></div>

I have posted past match photos on here (a long time ago) from Creekside Firing range matches. As well as on AR15.com. Joe may have some photos on his website, not sure. I have a ton on my FB page.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: drmarc</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: caver101</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to look at past match photos
wink.gif
</div></div>

Where would those be?
smile.gif
</div></div>
I have a ton on my FB page. </div></div>

And that would be?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A quick match question...

Do you have to shoot the same gun in the early side match as the main match?

Thanks! </div></div>

I am 99.9% sure that the answer is yes.

I am very excited about this match, I've spoke with several shooters who are attending and it's goin to be a great time.
Thanks Mammoth for giving us shooters something do this winter, should help with the cabin fever!

I have a pretty simple question, perhaps is petty, and silly of me to have any concern. But we're talking about a hotel that's hosting the accommodations for about 100 shooters. This hotel is going to be a known place where there are going to be a LOT of firearms, and several class III NFA regulated items.

What kind of security is the hotel venue going to have? I myself am not terribly concerned as I don't have a lot of money in my stuff. However i've talked to other shooters that are attending that have concerns about having upwards of $7K worth of firearms, suppressors, and other gear in the room unattended. There is a little concern with a few.

Branden

I'm willing to bet this competition will be one of the safest places in the country for firearms the weekend of the comp.

Also...I believe the PanAm World Championship Shotgun match was there a few months ago...and I don't believe there were any problems.

Yes the PanAm was here. This is also the location of the Blue Ridge Mountain 3 Gun which has 200+ competitors. The hotel is well accustomed to having large numbers of firearms on premises.

The other thing to consider is the overall schedule of the match. You'll likely be at the hotel or shooting almost all of the time. You can certainly leave to go eat, but they've got a nice restaurant onsite. I plan on eating there most of the time. As the food and service are good.

I kinda figured that the schedule would really only allow that we'd either be shooting, or sleeping anyway. Hearing that other comps were held and that there weren't any issues is good to hear.

I hope nobody things that I was attempting to stir the pot.

Branden

Good question Dust Remover. I have stayed there more than a few times. I have never worried about anything being stolen.

You will more than likely have your gear with you while shooting(or at least I hope you do).

The people at the hotel are more like a family running it. One of the owners is also a local police officer there.

I just checked with the resort and learned that the restaurant normally opens at 7:AM.
Have other arrangements been made with them to open earlier or will we be on our own to fuel up Saturday morning before we head to the stages? That 6:30 start is going to require some calories.
Sorry about the newbie questions.

It has already been arranged for breakfast to be served early for the match.

Just checked the extended weather. Looks pretty good. Highs around 54 and lows around 28. Chance of rain Saturday, bring your raingear. Rain will not hold us up.

I have one slot open for anyone that is interested. Everyone on the waiting list wants to shoot with their own friend.

Let me know if anybody wants this slot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barrel Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want the slot... I just mailed in the application today. If it is available ill take it. </div></div>
If you want the spot you need to send him an e-mail to confirm. I wouldn't rely on the mail to get your application there first. Just sayin'.

Just got back from prepping some of the stages in Kentucky.

Gonna be alot of fun. Right now the weather forecast cast says sunny and hi's around 42 and low's around 25. But don't worry it will change again. Weather men suck.

I wil give some more updates around Monday or Tuesday. I will be going back up Sunday to set all the stages the first of the week.

Looking forward to seeing everyone that is coming.

Registration is at the hotel. Just ask the clerk where to register after you check into the hotel.

There restaurant will be open Friday for lunch and dinner.

Saturday the restaurant will be open for breakfast. You will have the opportunity on Friday to order a sack lunch for Saturday.

*Saturday night is the match dinner sponsored by Barret to all competitors.

Sunday the restaurant will be open for all meals.

Getting really close to time.Just checked the forecast and looks like it will be cold and dry.I'm hoping those of us from the deep south can handle the cold.Having never shot in the hills before i'm sure this will be an adventure for a few of us.
laugh.gif

I'm as ready as I'll ever be. I'm looking forward to this match it will be my first east of the mississippi. Also my son is shooting with me and it will be his first ever match.

Just don't let it rain!!! I hate the rain.

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">700 ASL average </div></div>

Geezzzz Ace......does the family tree have any branches that dont come back into the main trunk?

I'm headed out here in a bit to do one last train-up for Mammoth. Gotta make sure that my loads are on (gonna suck if something's wrong, already loaded up 300 rounds), and make sure that i've done some work on alternate positions to see how they feel.

See everyone in less than a week. I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, and competing for last place.

Branden

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm headed out here in a bit to do one last train-up for Mammoth. Gotta make sure that my loads are on (gonna suck if something's wrong, already loaded up 300 rounds), and make sure that i've done some work on alternate positions to see how they feel.

See everyone in less than a week. I'm really looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, and competing for last place.

Branden </div></div>

Your gonna have a lot of competition for last place. Better bring your Z game
wink.gif

I know I'm going to be traveling light and I have about 500 irons in the fire. I'm treating the match as a hunt out west with multiple targets to shoot.
I'm getting my gear together in the next couple of days.
I think it would be a great idea if we could make a check list and compare what each of us is going to employ to compete in the match. I will be shooting two rifles (open and Heavy) so I have some planning to do.
I will have my list up in a day or two if it will help anyone.
We may all learn what we are forgetting or overlooking and learn from each others mistakes. I always get laughed at on a hunt but I always end up dragging someting out...lol.

That would be nice for some of us "Match Virgins" because I know I'm going to bring stuff I don't need and forget some I do.
Oh well I'll be there having fun

Here's what I plan on shooting the match with:

Rifle, Ammo
wink.gif

Gunslinger 2 bag with their shooting rest on it in a compact form.
Badger Bone
Sling

Spotter will be using a Spotting scope.
Range Card Cheat sheet.
Dope Card.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30calsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle
solar coffee thermos
scones
hot rod magazines
breath mints
Hot dogs
marshmallows
firewood
ammo if there's room </div></div>

LMAO... That's how Team Manners rolls.

I had a major confidence booster today, I think i'm going for the gold, 5th from last or worse, somebody else is going to have to fun for last place, lol. Always a good day when you're hitting 700 yards in 15mph variable winds on you first shot.

Branden

I wish everyone luck..especially a few of our TVP shooters who have worked so hard to get to were they are today. I think it will be a great experience for all of us to meet and spend some time BS'n about what we are all so passionant about. We are the few, and in my time of living my dream I have meet some very interesting people and made some very very good friends along the way. I look forward to meeting all of the competitors and folks running the show. I'm loading for two rifles starting tomorrow...then getting my gear ready.

Good luck everyone!

Who's planning on using a suppressor in the comp? I might on the the heavy rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dust_Remover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a major confidence booster today, I think i'm going for the gold, 5th from last or worse, somebody else is going to have to fun for last place, lol. Always a good day when you're hitting 700 yards in 15mph variable winds on you first shot.

Branden </div></div>
I have no problem hitting 700 yards......It's the target that eludes me.

oh yea...i forgot about this...guess Im going to have to get my barrel on my rifle. Work up a load and well load 200 rounds...should be an interesting week
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh yea...i forgot about this...guess Im going to have to get my barrel on my rifle. Work up a load and well load 200 rounds...should be an interesting week
smile.gif
</div></div>

lol, talk about procrastination!

Branden

I know once we start the match we can not change the configuration of our rifles, but would changing the bi-pod to a longer one be allowed during the match? Is that changing legal or not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ouch!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh yea...i forgot about this...guess Im going to have to get my barrel on my rifle. Work up a load and well load 200 rounds...should be an interesting week
smile.gif
</div></div>

wow.....full on wow.......