Mark and Sam teaser new ELR scope device

blcouch

Private
Minuteman
Jun 1, 2009
Mississippi
Something called the TARAC tacomhq.com. A periscope type device that allows a shooter to set up to 400 MOA of elevation using mirrors instead of adjustable bases. I'm not an ELR shooter but the science seems sound. Sort of how the Simrad moved your zero several MOA, but on purpose.

https://youtu.be/XsCEmITPtfY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the things I like about Mark and Sam is that they aren't bound by convention. They try their own approaches, do new stuff, invent, etc. And they manage to do pretty well at ELR. For this device, I'm a bit skeptical of adding over a hundred mils and the claims made by tacomhq ("with virtually no trade-off") but other options for going to the very limit of your cartridge are not pure win either.

Just noticed they have a new vid up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdIczqWXjt4

Last edited:
After watching about 10 rds miss I got bored and stop watching. Did he ever hit the plate? Seems like a lot of money to really go nowhere

I think their videos show the reality of ELR that no one really talks about: all the misses before and between hits. Their other videos show more of the wind conditions and lack of splash that they deal with. 2000 yds is what, 20" per MOA? They really don't shoot much inside of 2k. They shoot at a 24" plate. I doubt I could connect as well as they do at 2, 3 and 4k. I think the appeal of MarkAndSam(to me at least) is that all or most of the misses are shown along with the hits, as well as the frustration involved with not seeing the splash due to wet ground or rocky backdrop. That's just me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just had the company president here for the XLR class at Gunsite. it does seem to work as advertised, I've got one here now for long term testing. Class just ended Thursday, so I need to take this out and get it calibrated, we currently have a big PRS match going on so that will take a couple of days. I'll report back soon.

We just had the company president here for the XLR class at Gunsite. it does seem to work as advertised, I've got one here now for long term testing. Class just ended Thursday, so I need to take this out and get it calibrated, we currently have a big PRS match going on so that will take a couple of days. I'll report back soon.
Got a few buddies shooting at your PRS match !

I heard this was a the device used by the Canadian sniper to get the record kill shot recently. After reading about it i could see the top SF guys get to play with the cool toys. Take it with a grain of salt, until its confirmed. Awesome unit tho!

It was used at the King of 2 Mile, and I did an interview with John the inventor

19466659_10211104646785827_1202177797779330589_o.jpg?oh=50da569311a0154a5443d22b9fb0ec03&oe=59...jpg

David Tubb used it too, and I interviewed him about it

This is how the Canadians Shot to 2 Miles - fact