• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mark II TR – 22 LR

martinez_ian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2010
havre, mt
I didn't see much in the search function for this little rifle. Anybody out there with any experience with them? Looking for a trainer and the price at least is awesome, wondering how it shoots. Thanks.
2cfsew9.jpg

Re: Mark II TR – 22 LR

there have been a few posts with user experiences expressed. Just do a search in the advanced field under the: <span style="text-decoration: underline">Sniper's Hide Rimfire Section</span> and when you type in the term for search make sure to put them in "". For example do the search for "tr" in the <span style="text-decoration: underline">Sniper's Hide Rimfire Section</span> category.

Hope this helps

Gene

To the guys who own one,
how do you like the quality of the stock, I heard it easily cracks in half where the action screw goes in on the after market stock runs that they made, not sure if this also applies to the TR's

I've had mine since March and removed it from the stock half a dozen times without a problem. About 2500 rnds down the tube and it can still out shoot me. Here's a few targets shot @ 100 Yds

1.jpg

This one is 13 rds.
Target1.jpg

Took mine out yesterday. Shot 7 different kinds of ammo.
Just about all were good to go. I will try and put up
picture of target tonite. I'am really happy with mine.
Shes a shooter. Thinken about getting the .17 now.
smile.gif

Yeah I took a look at the .17 version today and you're right dfoosking, the action is not the smoothest. I wonder if it would get better over time. Anyway I could forgive that small detail if it can shoot, which being a savage I'm sure it can. Thanks for the info guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage110</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To the guys who own one,
how do you like the quality of the stock, I heard it easily cracks in half where the action screw goes in on the after market stock runs that they made, not sure if this also applies to the TR's </div></div>

Where did you hear this?

Everyone loves a .22 trainer....
th_DSC00004.jpg

Got my Savage mk II TRR in .22lr about a month ago. Runs nice with good ammo. Stay away from heavy subsonic as it won't stabilize (aguila, 60gr, etc). Get 10 round mags from Gunbroker dutch auction about 14.00 ea (Gander or Dicks is $20+). The 10 rd mags stick a bit before seating into the well - this is due to the mag sheetmetal hanging a bit on the well just below the bbl. Squeeze mag with pliers (carefully), but leave an RCH between metal and red plastic. Bolt is sticky out of the box but runs nicely after a little lube and using greasy ammo (like wolf).
th_DSC00005.jpg

Custom .22 trainers (repeaters) are nice to build, but they can get nutty with cost, some $2,000+. I got about 500 in the gun, and put an optic and bipod from another rifle on it.
th_DSC00009.jpg

th_DSC00010.jpg

50 yds, no bench.