• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Marlin Mod 22...Opinions?

beaverfever

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2010
Thinking about picking up a Marlin Mod 20 .22 locally, the asking price is $100. Any opinions on the gun and if the price sounds good? This would be my first .22 rifle btw, thanks for the help in advance.

Re: Marlin Mod 22...Opinions?

does it look like this? i don't know what it's worth, you can do some searching yourself on the web for auctions and such.
617201.jpg

i like older guns, however for $100.00 you have to see if they are valuable and are getting a deal or at least fair mkt value.

for a very little more, you can get a new marlin bolt, that has new parts and has parts available if there is a failure. that is if you want to shoot it and have it as an "investment" or a conversation piece.

thanks for the reply, I believe that is the model. the guy is kind of far from me and I've yet to see it's condition in person just wondering the quality of the gun. I guess I'll start looking at new ones if the price difference is small. I'd rather have a new piece for a little more and have the piece of mind

We have one just like it. We call it the "Bonnie Blaster". My lady shoots it at 100 and 200 yards and I've heard her refuse to sell it. She said "it's not for sale at any price."

If you don't want the rifle, I'll buy it. How's that for a recommendation?

The books say it is worth a bit less than $100 but it would be very unlikely that you can get one for that.

Flash