MB762SS/AL install

KAZ1014

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2023
Georgia state
MB762SS/AL... Is it processed and installed correctly?

I have an MB762SS/AL on M40A5 clone, and when I tighten the muzzle brake, the FA762SS suppressor is misaligned downward by about 0.02 inches. (Red circle)

I checked the rod and suppressor for misalignment, but I assume end of barrel for MB762 could be thinner than required thickness, so the muzzle brake may be misaligned.

Right now I'm putting heat-resistant tape on one side of the inside of the muzzle brake to correct the alignment.

The barrel has already been milled for MB762, so is there any other way to correct the misalignment?

Attachments

• 460449570_1448124939230144_4223178406231132022_n.jpg
    460449570_1448124939230144_4223178406231132022_n.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 34
I think that is just from how the collar only contacts a portion of the back of the muzzle device.

Loosen the collar all the way and check the misalignment while slowly tightening the collar. Does it grow as you tighten it more?

The barrel being too thin isn't a problem, the brake shouldn't be tight on the barrel and it mates against the shoulder from threading like any other normal brake. Either the suppressor isn't seated right on the brake or your threads aren't concentric. Check the small indexing notch on the brake on the bottom side of the tip of the brake. If it has a lot of carbon or crap caked in there it "could" push the suppressor off center even when the collar is tightened. I'm not betting on that but it's possible.

Coming from a guy who has profiled about half a dozen barrels and currently has 4 of those brakes on various rifles.

I think that is just from how the collar only contacts a portion of the back of the muzzle device.

Loosen the collar all the way and check the misalignment while slowly tightening the collar. Does it grow as you tighten it more?
It seems it misalignment happen when tightened the collar. During tightening the collar seems right.

The barrel being too thin isn't a problem, the brake shouldn't be tight on the barrel and it mates against the shoulder from threading like any other normal brake. Either the suppressor isn't seated right on the brake or your threads aren't concentric. Check the small indexing notch on the brake on the bottom side of the tip of the brake. If it has a lot of carbon or crap caked in there it "could" push the suppressor off center even when the collar is tightened. I'm not betting on that but it's possible.

Coming from a guy who has profiled about half a dozen barrels and currently has 4 of those brakes on various rifles.
Thank you for your comment. "or your threads aren't concentric."
I think that's probably the case. When I tighten the collar with the muzzle brake and suppressor attached, it's centered until halfway through, but when tighten the screws till very end, the misalignment happens.

The rifle never fired yet, so there is no dust around muzzle brake.
Is it possible to re-thread to make it centered?

Misalignment itself is about 0.008 and still gap with alignment rod, so I believe it shouldn't occur muzzle or baffle strike.

Attachments

• M40A5-FA762SS.jpg
    M40A5-FA762SS.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 18
Depends on how far they are out. They "might" be able to be chased to bring it in alignment.

Can you do the alignment rod for the brake and see if that's off? If it's dead center it sounds like it might be a mating issue instead.

Who did the work to build your gun?