McMillan's Hydraulic Recoil Mitigation upd TAC50

Re: McMillan's Hydraulic Recoil Mitigation upd TAC50

Man that is kind of spooky, My internet shit must be faster.
At least one time the scope dang near got that guy.
And watching the scope get that close everytime makes me want to back away from this.
Aint sayin it isnt the best thing around but I have never got nailed by my scope ,but have seen those that have.
To close for me. Cool idea any way.

no kidding re the scope eye relief... better sure as hell wear your eye protection... all that being said, seems like a helluva good idea. I'd love to have a scaled down version of that on my 338LM.

Would be interesting if you could dial in the strength of the buffer. The .50BMG has such a slow recoil impulse that I would think being tweak the damping factor at the user level would be ideal.

Glad to see they finally brought this one to market. I first saw it at SHOT 2010 - a mid 2010 release was the plan if I recall. A little over two years from first intro to full production.

There is more to this than just the reducer. The stock shown is a revised Tac 50 stock that has been in the works for a while. Higher cheek, longer forend. Also note the <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Atlas</span> new bipod and attachment.

Cool stuff.

Nothing really new. I have had the G squared stock on my Citori for about 15 years or so.
http://www.shockmaster.com/
It is adjustable in that I can vary the pressure in the cylinder for a firmer or softer feel through the back pad. Works very nice, and makes it very comfortable to shoot 200 or so rounds without your shoulder falling off.
shockmasterB.gif

_9H_Cracka, "The stock shown is a revised Tac 50 stock that has been in the works for a while."

Do you know how long has this stock has been in the works?

And that bipod is not a Atlas 5H but rather a LRA model, not sure if it is the larger heavier one or the smaller lighter one.

Kasey, my contact at McM was telling me about it over 2 years ago.

Note I edited the post and removed the Atlas reference after blowing the pics up and looking at it closer.

Jimmy, usable suppressors on the 50 are not able to mitigate the recoil as well on smaller rifles due to the total gas volume. A similarly efficient can would be too large to be practical. If you look at the vid, there is a very different recoil signature when the shooter is using the brake versus the can.

Look how much the barrel flexes with the can on it too. Unbelievable.

9h- I use a form one can that is huge (3 inches dia and 18 inches long.) it super quiet but heavy. I like the recoil system but I would want a stronger spring/piston.

_9H_Cracka, "my contact at McM was telling me about it over 2 years ago."

Now that is funny!

My contact at McM was giving me grief about being slow in bringing new products out!
smile.gif

Thanks brother.