• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Mercury Marine layoffs

Properly managed and without Congressional meddling, it could be done in about 50 years. The first thing that would have to be done would have a balanced budget for the first year. There would have to be a lot of belt tightening, across the board for every American.

But but but . . . I've heard the everything will be ok if the rich just pay their fair share.

But but but . . . I've heard the everything will be ok if the rich just pay their fair share.
I think 51% of voting American's believe the lies that come out of Washington, DC.
51% / 49%........
1719180773427.jpeg

My brother growing up didn't believe in using credit for buying anything.

"If you can't pay cash, you can't afford it"

I use to laugh at him and sign the dotted like for all the new toys. Lol. Crawled out of that hole thankfully. It was pretty depressing that our debt kept increasing every month while making payments and the cards were all cut up.

I have a new respect for my brother now and try to live by the same mantra.

"Auto Analyst John McElroy said: “So, he’s going after the company with an axe right now to get costs down. The old Chrysler group as we know it in Auburn Hills is going to be a mere shadow of itself in just a couple of years.”

“They’re going to take a lot; we’re talking to thousands of people,” he continued. “The tower almost undoubtedly will be up for sale. Stellantis doesn’t need all that office space anymore.”

The Chrysler group, while the most profitable for Stellantis, also has the highest costs and issues. To reduce expenses, engineering is being outsourced to low-cost countries like Turkey and Morocco, signaling the old headquarters building might face a fate similar to the Renaissance Center.

Tavares says he is looking to cut 30% of costs at the company, according to the report. "

Reactions: gigamortis
I put this one another thread a while back, but this only adds to the hundreds of trucking companies that have gone out of business in the last couple years. If trucking companies are going out, it points to a decrease in sales across the spectrum - raw materials, finished goods and retail sales, along with higher input costs for the trucking companies. The implications are pretty easy to figure out.