• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Midweay USA shooters mat %50 off.

dieselgeek

Do you even Shoot Bro?
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Picked this up from Midway, shipping was fast and it seems to be a very nice mat. This is my first mat, but the overall feel of it along w/ it being light weight makes it seem like a good value. I picked it up for $49 + $12 (rip) shipping. Just though I'd pass it along. Taking it out for some yote hunting in the am!
IMAG0050.jpg

Re: Midweay USA shooters mat %50 off.

CHI COM GEAR well sonny so is that mouse you just clicked and the keyboard and that walmart computer table your wrists are resting on.

As for the pad my experience with them is It gets very hot in direct sunlight be advised. You cant even lay on it gets so fkin hot

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HBARLeatherneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bought 2 at the thanksgiving sale. both are falling apart. started the first time out. </div></div>

Damn...I bought one too and havent taken it out yet. Oh well. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

woodspider said:
CHI COM GEAR well sonny so is that mouse you just clicked and the keyboard and that walmart computer table your wrists are resting on.

And thats the problem with the U.S.A today we don't make shit for ourself's anymore and I typed this on a Dell computer that was made in Texas and I'm no sonny sir I work for a living in a Union run Chemical Plant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I work for a living in a Union run Chemical Plant.</div></div>

Bahahahaha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: woodspider</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CHI COM GEAR well sonny so is that mouse you just clicked and the keyboard and that walmart computer table your wrists are resting on.

</div></div>

What??? I can't understand what you're saying...

I get what you're saying now.

Also I paid $10 shipping. Which I thought was high.

I got one a couple months ago and 1st time I unrolled it the stitching was already pulling through the fabric. E-mailed Midway and let them know how surprised and disappointed I was that they would even handle such a crappy product. I returned it and they refunded to my credit card.

I prefer the military canvas paratrooper cases with the stitching cut on the end flap. They are very heavy canvas and lined with a wool pad that doesn't melt your skin off on hot days. Quite durable, i'm still on my first and I have used it on very sharp/rocky areas while prone.

My midway mat must be last years model; it is black and green, but otherwise looks the same. Anyways, I have been using it for over a year and it has served me well. Then again, I am only using it on square ranges. It does the job, great mat for only $25.00, you can't go wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HBARLeatherneck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i bought 2 at the thanksgiving sale. both are falling apart. started the first time out. </div></div> Interesting...

Looking at the reviews on their website they get nothing but rave reviews on their gear, this one included. Is Midway selective on what reviews they allow through (doubt that), or are the people having problems just not posting? Just wondering out loud here...

i didnt post a review.

i took both of mine out of the box. the next day i went out and unrolled them to shoot. i live, where i shoot, so they didnt have to go far. i set my rifle down, ammo, hearing protection, log book, and then noticed the stitching was ripped through the knee reinforcement area. so me kneeling on it, to get ready to shoot evidently tore it. i shot took it home. next day out, i took both mats, my buddy used one, i used the other. both had similar problems and a few more areas that i found that were ripping through. I only paid the cheapest thanksgiving price, so I am not "mad" about it. but, it seems that everything is going this way. the reinforced vinyl areas are too inflexible for the application. canvas would be better. so they tear instead of give. this is my opinion. i would have been very disappointed if i would have paid the full amount.

i did post this in another thread right after thanksgiving.

OK, sounds like a bad batch maybe. I think I'll still stick with my TAB as my sole mat, but I was looking at this one for a padded mat when shooting on pavement. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I prefer the military canvas paratrooper cases with the stitching cut on the end flap. They are very heavy canvas and lined with a wool pad that doesn't melt your skin off on hot days. Quite durable, i'm still on my first and I have used it on very sharp/rocky areas while prone. </div></div>

I use this as a shooting mat as well and its a fantastic shooting mat!

I took it out to my shooting lease today. I moved to a few different places and laid on it. Shot around 50 rounds off of it. It felt fine, and was comfy. I'll add to this thread if I have any problems.

Happy New Year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dieselgeek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I took it out to my shooting lease today. I moved to a few different places and laid on it. Shot around 50 rounds off of it. It felt fine, and was comfy. I'll add to this thread if I have any problems.

Happy New Year. </div></div>
Please add if you do not have any problems. Feedback, on wear, how is it holding up, etc.

I've used mine 3 times since I got it. No problems with stitching coming loose. No rips, tears, or anything. I like it, and for the price I paid, I couldnt be happier.

I've been looking for my first mat, and might have to pick this up. I'm 6'3" and couldn't figure out if I'd end up hanging almost half my body length off the end. Anybody about the same size have any input?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zeeto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for my first mat, and might have to pick this up. I'm 6'3" and couldn't figure out if I'd end up hanging almost half my body length off the end. Anybody about the same size have any input?</div></div>
I also would like that info, I am 6.6" and everything I have looked into is for little littles

I have one as well, all I can say is dont get the black one. It gets so hot in sunlight that you cant stand it. I also have a TAB mat. The TAB is as good as they come. The midway is nice for a bit more padding but is too big to pack. The TAB stows away on your pack with a couple of compression straps.

I purchased 2 midway range bags a year ago. One of the velcro straps started freying and the other is fine. I contacted them and they sent me another one, no prolbem. There was also a complaint about how if you put to much crap in the bag (about 50 lbs) the slip strap would slip all the way down. So they remade the straps and I got an e-mail inviting me to fill out a form and got the new straps free of charge.

My range bag has been out 40 or 50 times, and no other problems.

This said I think that you should contact them and complain. I belive there is always the posability of get a junk batch.

JMO

Lil update on this mat. I use the crap out of it, and it's held up fine. I've taken it hunting in West Texas, I take it out to my shooting lease, it gets in all kinds of dirt.

It's not a $500 mat, but it also does not cost $500.

It's more than worth the $50 I've paid for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SIERRAWHISKEY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And thats the problem with the U.S.A today we don't make shit for ourself's anymore and I typed this on a Dell computer that was made in Texas and I'm no sonny sir I work for a living in a Union run Chemical Plant. </div></div>Just as a point of reference - there are NO parts inside the Dell that were made in the USA. The system was likely assembled in Austin - but it certainly doesn't contain any parts from the US. That said - I agree 100% with you that we need to move production back to the US - that is what you were saying right?
wink.gif

My shooting blanket is a $5 moving pad I picked up at Tractor Supply. It's blue - so it's not as cool as the green ones. And it doesn't roll up into a nice carry bag, but it does smash down small enough to fit into the $20 camo back pack I got from Bass Pro Shops (also made in China).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone use Tab Gear shooting mat?

http://www.riflesonly.com/pro-shop/tactical-gear/tab-pollack-shooting-mat.html </div></div>
I have one but only use it if I need a secondary shooting position (I prefer to use the closed-cell foam padded shooting mat that comes with the Tac Ops Drag Bag). My one issue with the Tac Ops shooting mat is that my legs overhang the mat.

The TAB Shooting Mat is much larger than the Tac Ops shooting mat - I can lie on it without my legs overhanging the mat and hitting the ground. It will keep you out of the dirt, mud, grass, ect. It isn't padded so it rolls up very compact, but it also doesn't insulate you from cold surfaces or provide any cushion from sharp rocks and branches.

My brother bought a BLACK Midway Shooting Mat on sale for $25.00 - its' padded, but the surface gets hotter than Hell in direct Sun. The construction isn't very confidence-inspiring, but for $25.00 he can't complain.

Keith

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">I have one of the black mats from about 5 years ago. No problems. I bought some Krylon spray paint for plastics in a light tan color and painted the side I lie on. It took about a week to fully dry but it doesn't fry my skin anymore now.

Bob </span>