• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mil dot scope for .22LR

FamilyMan

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2011
Utah
I am looking into a scope for my 10/22 that has a ml dot reticle I will be using it for practice practice practice for my shooting skills as well as the occasional spotlighting and rabbit hunt I don't want to go over board on Price but I want to be able to have consistency in function and ranging so when I use my 10/22 I am applying the same principles as when using my other guns. I am looking for any suggestions or good ideas I can find.

Re: Mil dot scope for .22LR

I have an Accushot 3-12x44 on my trainer, and it is doing quite well. For the price range, it fits my bill. I will be putting it on my Savage TRR-SR when it gets here.

DK

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=950843

Bushnell 3200 all the way. Have them on 3 different 22's. Excellent scope. Always returns to zero. No adjustable zoom so no worries about holding zero. i use this on a trainer to dial out to 500 yards and back all day, with no tracking issues.

I'm a big fan of the Weaver 3-10x40.....Mil knobs and Mildot reticle...good glass, and the knobs passed my box test. I had a Bushnell 10x, and while it was a goot scope, when I wanted to plink inside 50 yards, everything was blurry( no parallax adjustment). Well, on the 3-10x40 Weaver, simply dial down the magnification, and plink away. Yeah, its SFP, but at 25 yards, you don't need to have you mil dots valid.

It works well for me
cool.gif

I have a 3-10 x 44 Mueller Tactical on my Ruger 77/22Hornet (I know it's not a rimfire...) and It works great. I also use a SWFA 10x SS scope and it works very well. The 10x SS has lots of adjustment, it's a 30mm tube (quite clear too) and it has parallax adjustment.

Lots of options out there, these are just two of them that I have experience with and would recommend.

For an inexpensive, nicely featured, sufficiently reliable scope, try this. 1/4MOA clicks, 75MOA+ of adjustment, 6-24x, true MilDot ranging at 8X, 15yd minimum focus distance. I've had four of them in use for several years now.

ive been looking around and came across the millet 4-16x50 mil dot with turret knobs and was interested to see if anyone had any experience with or opinions on them?

that wuld probably be the millet TRS, http://www.opticsplanet.net/millet-tactical-riflescope.html?gclid=CNrFvdnD9aoCFUg65QodG1SaOw , there's a bunch in the optics section about them, run a ggogle search in my signature to find a multitude of info on it. to me seems like a nice scope for the price.

depending on how low cost you want to go, i like the centerpoint 4-16 available at walmart for 69.00. while it may not be in the same class of previous scopes mentioned, it's hard to beat for the price. 2 run 2 of them, one for silhouette, so there's always adjustments every 10 rounds.

if you are going to use whatever on the 10/22 as a true trainer to your centerfire setups, i'd pick something that is similiar in the reticle thickness and mechanical operation to what you are running on the centerfire.

4 cents:

Thoughts on picking a scope for a rimfire.

OPINIONS ON A NEW SCOPE FOR MY 22
OPTIC OPTIONS FOR A .22LR
SUPER SNIPER ON RIMFIRE
MIL DOT SCOPES FOR .22'S
SCOPE FOR NEW 22
MILDOTS, HOLDOVER AND RANGING WITH MILDOTS ON VARIABLE POWER

http://swfa.com/Vortex-6-24x50-Crossfire-Rifle-Scope-P43585.aspx

Yes, the Crossfire line has had quality issues, but Vortex stands behind it and will repair or replace it with their outstanding CS and lifetime warranty. I've had one on a CZ 452 Varmit and put ~2k rounds through it in 2 months. Most of my range sessions involve dialing distances from 50-250yds every 10-15 rounds. I've never had an issues with returning to zero.

I was just smacking steel this morning at 200 with my SS16X.

I've got a 10X42M (side focus SWFA SS) for sale currently....

SWFA SS are my personal pick for <$500 scopes, period.