Mk 13 Mod 0 stock

If anyone wants to do a Mk13 Mod 7 build, please contact me! This is not a sales ad, I just want to help peut people in contact with each other. None of these parts are mine, but a friend is putting together some of these kits. There might also be a few Stiller Wylie Mk13 receivers available as full kits as well.......

Here's what a kit without a receiver looks like. If you need one, let me know. This is the very last of them, once they're gone, they're gone!

It took me something like 6 years to find that trigger, whoever grabs this it will join the ranks of the very few of us with the correct triggers for a USMC build, recoil lugs for this were custom too.

Reactions: USMCSGT0331
Well I’ve been sitting on a mk13 kit for awhile because of other projects and funds. I have been debating if I was going to go Rem or Stiller action. I have a magnum Long action already but my kit came with a IMUNs instead of a MARS. Well today I realized that my case wasn’t completely scrubbed from Thoroughbred.

I guess Stiller it is, gotta match the case.

Edit: With that anyone have a mk13 trigger that doesn’t cost 2k?

Attachments

• IMG_5701.jpeg
    IMG_5701.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5703.jpeg
    IMG_5703.jpeg
    404 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: FUNCTIONAL
Well I’ve been sitting on a mk13 kit for awhile because of other projects and funds. I have been debating if I was going to go Rem or Stiller action. I have a magnum Long action already but my kit came with a IMUNs instead of a MARS. Well today I realized that my case wasn’t completely scrubbed from Thoroughbred.

I guess Stiller it is, gotta match the case.

Edit: With that anyone have a mk13 trigger that doesn’t cost 2k?
Looking at the serial number on the piece of tape, you'll want a Wylie receiver to match the case. You'll also need an XTSP Mk13 trigger for your Mod 5. Good luck with hunting one of those down, I don't think that Tom at XTSP makes those triggers anymore, and now they're quite rare to see (and they currently sell for about $500+).

The $2,000 triggers are the Geissele Mk13 triggers, which were used on the Mod 7's. You need to be very careful with these triggers though, unscrupulous Gunbroker sellers have these Geissele Mk13 triggers available, but they're DRMO triggers that are KNOWN to have issues! But, those sellers won't tell you this, they just want your $2,000. I've probably sold about 2 dozen of these Geissele Mk13 triggers over the past 2 years (helping a friend sell the ones he got from Geissele), and they used to be priced at $2,500 a year or 2 ago. None of the triggers I've sold have been surplus/DRMO, all of them have been new in original packaging and acquired from Geissele.

Additionally, almost all of the triggers that I sold have an "R" laser engraved on the housing, which stands for a revision that Geissele made to these Mk13 triggers. The DRMO Geissele Mk13 triggers being sold by shady Gunbroker dealers don't have this revision, and that's one of the reasons why those triggers had failures and ended up at DRMO in the first place! So, if anyone here is looking to purchase a legit Geissele Mk13 trigger for their Mod 7 build, please make sure that you purchase one that's been acquired from Geissele, is new in original packaging, and has the "R" revision marking on the trigger housing. Don't risk spending $2,000+ on a faulty trigger that might break or fire a chambered round with the safety lever, buy the trigger from a trustworthy source.

I’m looking for a bit more information on a Mod 0 stock I recently purchased, it seems like the stock was painted over shortly before leaving crane. The bedding material and areas that would be “exposed” fiberglass are all coated over, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!
IMG_6290.jpeg
IMG_6292.jpeg
IMG_6291.jpeg
IMG_6285.jpeg
IMG_6284.jpeg

I’m looking for a bit more information on a Mod 0 stock I recently purchased, it seems like the stock was painted over shortly before leaving crane. The bedding material and areas that would be “exposed” fiberglass are all coated over, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! View attachment 8481451View attachment 8481452View attachment 8481453View attachment 8481454View attachment 8481455
Congratulations on acquiring that stock kit, and it's definitely one of mine! Unfortunately, it appears that a previous owner painted that stock. Crane didn't paint the bedding and exposed fiberglass in the inletting. Additionally, if you look at the chips in the left side of the forend, it looks like they have been painted over as well (this is what it looks like in the photos, you'll have to verify this). The chips would have been from SEALs using the rifle in the field and at the range. If the stock was painted before leaving Crane, the chips would be through the paint, not painted over.

Is the stock tan or grey fiberglass? Is there a gel-coat under the new paint? My recommendation is to strip the new paint off. All of it, including the paint in the inletting and on the bedding material. Once the new paint is gone you'll be able to see the stock's actual condition, and then you can decide what to do with it from there. You can keep it as is or add your own "sniper" paint to it.

Reactions: NoaWilli
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1062194690

Here's the Gunbroker item description, there's no mention about the new paint and the remarked serial number in the barrel channel:

"Listed is an original Mk13 Mod 0 stock with Certificate of Authenticity. Everything pictured is included which consists of the stock, L-shapes recoil lug, bottom metal, internal magazine and COA. This is perfect for those enthusiasts wishing to add a Mk13 300 Win Mag to their collection. These are getting harder to find so get it while you can. If the winner wishes to purchase using a CC, I use GunTab and can send an invoice."

Reactions: NoaWilli
A bit of an update, after a long conversation with @USMCSGT0331 last night, and gaining a more information, I decided to attempt to remove the paint and expose the original finish. Four hours later, I think it turned out pretty good, still a bit more to remove in the texturing.

A big thank you to everyone who reached out to try and help!

IMG_6321.jpg
IMG_6322.jpg
IMG_6323.jpg

Looking at the serial number on the piece of tape, you'll want a Wylie receiver to match the case. You'll also need an XTSP Mk13 trigger for your Mod 5. Good luck with hunting one of those down, I don't think that Tom at XTSP makes those triggers anymore, and now they're quite rare to see (and they currently sell for about $500+).

The $2,000 triggers are the Geissele Mk13 triggers, which were used on the Mod 7's. You need to be very careful with these triggers though, unscrupulous Gunbroker sellers have these Geissele Mk13 triggers available, but they're DRMO triggers that are KNOWN to have issues! But, those sellers won't tell you this, they just want your $2,000. I've probably sold about 2 dozen of these Geissele Mk13 triggers over the past 2 years (helping a friend sell the ones he got from Geissele), and they used to be priced at $2,500 a year or 2 ago. None of the triggers I've sold have been surplus/DRMO, all of them have been new in original packaging and acquired from Geissele.

Additionally, almost all of the triggers that I sold have an "R" laser engraved on the housing, which stands for a revision that Geissele made to these Mk13 triggers. The DRMO Geissele Mk13 triggers being sold by shady Gunbroker dealers don't have this revision, and that's one of the reasons why those triggers had failures and ended up at DRMO in the first place! So, if anyone here is looking to purchase a legit Geissele Mk13 trigger for their Mod 7 build, please make sure that you purchase one that's been acquired from Geissele, is new in original packaging, and has the "R" revision marking on the trigger housing. Don't risk spending $2,000+ on a faulty trigger that might break or fire a chambered round with the safety lever, buy the trigger from a trustworthy source.
Is this the “R” you’re talking about top left?

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpeg
    IMG_0107.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 54