• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes MK IV or VX3

Fast Ed

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2007
Are the Leupold Mark IV scopes worth the extra $300 - $400 over the VX3. I am looking at the 4x-14x MKIV with the TMR vs the 4x-14x VX3 with the fine duplex. I know I can get knobs for the VX3 and still save a couple hundred bucks. Yes, I know I should buy a NF, but I can't get anywhere near the pricing on the NF because of my dealer discount at Midway. Don't tell me to save up for one. I have a hard ceiling on the budget and the MKIV is topping it out. It will be going on a .260 large frame AR for long range hunting and other long range stuff should it become necessary. I am not involved in tactical ops and don't compete in sniper or F-class. High Power is still my only game.

Fast Ed

Re: MK IV or VX3

If the VX3 is a 30mm tube, the dials will cost you $160.00 for M1's, and postage.................
If your not ranging, why pay for the MKIV.
One major thing to consider is resale though..............
IF you ever desire to sell.........
The MKIV's, w/ M1's, and a TMR will get you the difference back IMHO>

Re: MK IV or VX3

I have a MK4 with TMR. The TMR is money well spent. Us Optics would do well to duplicate the pattern in IPHY or MOA and pay to offer it as is, as an option.JMHO
Rob