• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mobile Passport Control Application.. Privacy Policy (does the app give access to monitoring)

mikeinfwa

Que Chimba
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2002
Jacksonville FL
Probably a rhetorical question

I use this app when on personal travel returning to the USA.

Looking at the privacy policy I see a rather vague statement about data linked to me…(“other user content”)

I am wondering just what access I gave to the government when installing this app

IMG_5448.jpeg

lol like all contact/personal info and access to all photos and vids on your phone. The “other content” is probably vague for a reason. At least thats how I read it

You gave the Feds the right to review and download all your contacts, photos, and videos. Also don't be surprised if a later upgrade lets the Feds help themselves to the rest of your data like emails, text messages, and anything else of interest.

You gave the Feds the right to review and download all your contacts, photos, and videos. Also don't be surprised if a later upgrade lets the Feds help themselves to the rest of your data like emails, text messages, and anything else of interest.
I mean technically they can already do this but no point in making it any easier for them. Here is some advice, leave your smartphone at home when you travel.

Looks like the app is saying it can access your name and any photo or other media you put into the app.

This would be your name in the app and probably your passport photo?

Do you have a screenshot of the agreement? A lot of people don't really think through app permissions and why an app asks for certain permissions.

EDIT: For example, if you are adding a picture to an app, the app will need permissions to access photos.