• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Modern Bucket List Firearms?

AbitNutz

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2021
SW Ohio
What are you modern, can be bought new now, bucket list firearms? They don't necessarily have to make sense but they should be in current production.

1. Shotgun Benelli M4
2. Pistol H&K MK-23
3. Revolver Manurhin MR-73
4. Assault Rifle Galil Gen 1/2
4. Battle Rifle FN SCAR??
5. Bolt Action Barrett MRAD

Go big or go home:
GAU-19 .50 cal

1628442725921.jpeg

- and/ or -
GAU-21 .30 cal

Last edited:
Have you seen the price of those on Gunbroker? They're going to bounce off $1,600-$2,000. That can put them into the bucket list catagory.
I actually saw, and handled, one of these in a gun shop that was less than 1k this year.
If I remember correctly it was some where in between 700-900. Very nice but did not have the $$$.
It did take me a minute to figure out how to open the cylinder.

Go big or go home:
GAU-19 .50 cal

View attachment 7681846

- and/ or -
GAU-21 .30 cal

Hi,

Nice pea shooters, lol

1628451958674.png

1628452027100.png

My Bucket List Guns:

Unfired full deployment package PSG-1 (Not currently made but I know where there are 6 of them at)
Voluntary Restraint Agreement with Russia would have to be revised but Lobaev Arms "Saboteur" model rifle.
The original Glock that was converted to the 224 Boz that USN tested decades ago.
MP7 chambered in 5.7x28

Sincerely,
Theis

Hi,

Nice pea shooters, lol

View attachment 7681950
View attachment 7681951

My Bucket List Guns:

Unfired full deployment package PSG-1 (Not currently made but I know where there are 6 of them at)
Voluntary Restraint Agreement with Russia would have to be revised but Lobaev Arms "Saboteur" model rifle.
The original Glock that was converted to the 224 Boz that USN tested decades ago.
MP7 chambered in 5.7x28

Sincerely,
Theis
That version of the mp7 would be fun

Reactions: BytorJr
45-70 Lever action .
M14 Super Match .
M1 Garand .
Mini 14 .
Remington 7400 in 30-06 .
Remington 7600 in 30-06 .
Pennsylvania Rifle in hickory .
Python in Royal Blue .
Browning High Power 9mm and .45 .
M17 Sig replica of the Arlington Guards of the Unknown Soldiers Tomb .
Carl Gustav 20mm Recoilless Rifle .
And the Coup de Grasse
an M60 .

Beat ya too it
I'd have to hire a Mexican to tote that long barreled thing. :ROFLMAO: Give me a 5".

Is that yours? Beautiful, but the finish looks like an older one. More of a matte. The new ones are more chrome. FWIW I like to older finish but couldnt afford one.

Ok, I'll be serious this time around, and play this game, since these are guns that "don't have to make sense."

In reverse order of actual "potential" acquisition:
1) FN PS-90 (not sure why I like this....just that it seemed cool 14 years ago at a gun show).
2) Steyer L9 or M9 A2 (that low height slide attracts me).
3) Fabarm L4S and/or Fabarm Elos

I tried to figure out how 410-gauge would translate to inches. I gave up because it seemed to be exceeding naval gun calibre.

I suppose it'd only be useful for people with their own personal railroad systems or massive houseboats.
It would actually be really small. The bore/gauge was determined by how many lead balls of a particular bore diameter equaled one pound ie; 12 bore was 12 balls, 10 bore 10 balls etc. So a 410 bore would be 410 lead balls to equal a pound, so roughly the size of a .177 cal bb gun...

If anyone cares a .410 shotgun is 67 gauge if I recall correctly.

Now for bucket list;
AI AX ELR FDE
AI AXMC
Barret M107
EJ Churchhill Hercules 20 bore O/U
RDIAS
TacOps 51

Reactions: GUN NUT in IA
Sig p210 Target
Linebaugh Converted Ruger Bisley in 454
Tac Ops 51
C. Sharps 1874 in 50-120
Winchester 1886 45-70
CZ Bobwhite SXS in 28 gauge
Ruger No. 1 in 458 Win
S&W Model 41
CZ TSO 9mm

It would actually be really small. The bore/gauge was determined by how many lead balls of a particular bore diameter equaled one pound ie; 12 bore was 12 balls, 10 bore 10 balls etc. So a 410 bore would be 410 lead balls to equal a pound, so roughly the size of a .177 cal bb gun...

If anyone cares a .410 shotgun is 67 gauge if I recall correctly.

Now for bucket list;
AI AX ELR FDE
AI AXMC
Barret M107
EJ Churchhill Hercules 20 bore O/U
RDIAS
TacOps 51
Oh yes, so it would. My exceptional mistake. I was thinking more of punt-gun shells for whatever reason.

But still would be marvelously impractical.

As for a bucket list, I'd like to say a load of modern stuff and all but as cool as "modern" stuff is, my heart's not in it...

Mk 14 Mod 0 EBR
HK G3
FN FAL
M40 sniper rifle (pre-A1)
USMC Winchester M70
Ithaca 37 trench gun
Ithaca 37 SBS'd trench gun
M1941 Johnson
M1918 BAR
Gewehr 43
SVT-40
MEU(SOC)-inspired M1911A1
Pre-A1 M1911
Inglis Hi-Power
DeLisle carbine

And of these... 9 can be bought or built new.

Last edited:
I tried to figure out how 410-gauge would translate to inches. I gave up because it seemed to be exceeding naval gun calibre.

I suppose it'd only be useful for people with their own personal railroad systems or massive houseboats.
Actually it would fit in your pocket. it would be incredibly small caliber. 410 bore size lead balls that would weigh 1 lb. would be a 410 gauge.

I'd have to hire a Mexican to tote that long barreled thing. :ROFLMAO: Give me a 5".

Is that yours? Beautiful, but the finish looks like an older one. More of a matte. The new ones are more chrome. FWIW I like to older finish but couldnt afford one.
Its actually one of the new "re-released" ones. My Dirty Harry Gun (S&W 629) is a 5 so I feel ya on that one.

I had no money as a lowley grad student when Colt stopped making them, and I don't like collecting (let alone paying collectors prices!), i like shooting, so the re-release actually got me off my ass and into purchase mode.

My bucket list would be to have a nice 50 Cal--maybe a Barret (no Serbu!)
The AI is on order (bucket list checked).
Been toying with a Staccato (I hate STI right now though)
Colt Python
Colt SAA
The "Big" AI in 300 Norma or a 338 Cal.
At one point I wanted an Infinity, but its actually too pretty, and I shoot my guns.
Almost forgot about MG
BAR
Thompson (full auto)
M60

And because I love ballistics and guns, I would love to have a functional "Large Caliber" Naval Gun (or maybe a tank cannon--that 120mm sounds sweet)
Mark VII 50 Cal 16 inch or similar. That's a pipe dream as they are not made anymore.

Rheinmetall Rh-120​

Or the previously (another thread) discussed Naval Rail Gun.

Its actually one of the new "re-released" ones. My Dirty Harry Gun (S&W 629) is a 5 so I feel ya on that one.

I had no money as a lowley grad student when Colt stopped making them, and I don't like collecting (let alone paying collectors prices!), i like shooting, so the re-release actually got me off my ass and into purchase mode.

My bucket list would be to have a nice 50 Cal--maybe a Barret (no Serbu!)
The AI is on order (bucket list checked).
Been toying with a Staccato (I hate STI right now though)
Colt Python
Colt SAA
The "Big" AI in 300 Norma or a 338 Cal.
At one point I wanted an Infinity, but its actually too pretty, and I shoot my guns.
Almost forgot about MG
BAR
Thompson (full auto)
M60

And because I love ballistics and guns, I would love to have a functional "Large Caliber" Naval Gun (or maybe a tank cannon--that 120mm sounds sweet)
Mark VII 50 Cal 16 inch or similar. That's a pipe dream as they are not made anymore.

Rheinmetall Rh-120​

Or the previously (another thread) discussed Naval Rail Gun.
I had a Python, and a S&W 686. Couldnt hit the side of a barn with either one. Sold them and bought a S&W 625 (N frame 45 ACP) and ist she most accurate handgun Ive shot. Id love the Anaconda or even a 629.

Hows the recoil on the Anaconda?

is it a bucket list of guns you wish you could own or a list of guns you could possibly own the legal gun list
Berrett m109 semi auto .50 cal the original one not the newer one .
an ak 47 automatic
an m-16 automatic
that shilo 45-110 I have been drooling over for years

the non legal list
a iowa class battle ship with working turrets for the front yard and the turrets are activated by motion sensors they follow passing cars oh what a treat that would be .
a a10 worthog with working machine gun also in the front yard
one of them fancy new high power mini gun just for kicks oh and propped up on lookout towers at all 4 corners of the property
one of the battle bots from robo cop just to greet visitors lol and since I've been a really good boy this year one

AC-130J Ghostrider Gunship lol cause everyone should have one .​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BytorJr
I'm looking at buying some remote land in West Virginia just for a place to shoot. I've seen two that I could clear 1000 meters. I figure I can buy one of those pre-built 8x12 sheds, insulate the hell out of it, then hang a small air-conditioner from a window. I have a 3500-watt emergency generator I could run from the back of my truck and power my shooting palace and most likely the closest couple of neighbors. I'd have to figure out the best way to heat it when the season turns. Running a resistance heater off a genny is bad juju.
Anything worth having is worth stealing. I would have to take everything worth anything back and forth because I'm absolutely sure it would be stolen as soon as someone finds it. Hell, they might even try and drag off the shed.

That's my idea and I'm putting it into motion. I've found a couple of places near Gallipolis Ferry that I'm going to make a decision on and make an offer. My current girlfriend thinks I'm batshit. I'm sure the next one will think it's a great idea.

I'll take:
  • MP5SD
  • China Lake pump action 40mm + truckload of ammo
  • Gold plated Luger with decorative grips
  • M79 40mm + truckload of ammo
  • Any serial # PSG-1, want to fire few thousand rounds through it
  • MG42 (Or MG3)
  • M3 Carl Gustaf + truckload of ammo

I had a Python, and a S&W 686. Couldnt hit the side of a barn with either one. Sold them and bought a S&W 625 (N frame 45 ACP) and ist she most accurate handgun Ive shot. Id love the Anaconda or even a 629.

Hows the recoil on the Anaconda?
Its a 44 mag. The big barrel helps. I typically wear shooting gloves for it as my palms take a beating, but i was able to do 50+ rounds full power through both. So its manageable. No quick follow ups, i'm moving out to 25 yards offhand. My goal is to eventually be able to shoot from some sort of "supported" (Sandbag or something) position out to 100 yards with em.

Its a 44 mag. The big barrel helps. I typically wear shooting gloves for it as my palms take a beating, but i was able to do 50+ rounds full power through both. So its manageable. No quick follow ups, i'm moving out to 25 yards offhand. My goal is to eventually be able to shoot from some sort of "supported" (Sandbag or something) position out to 100 yards with em.
Nice. I was hitting the lid of a 5 gallon bucket at 50 yds with my 625. Looking to take it out farther.

Lulz I've seen that one before. By the way I will put my Smith 29-3 against any revolver ever made. The fit and finish is unbelievable. The blueing practically glows. The action? Perfection is selling it short. You hear about glass triggers all the time. I don't know if some one did work on this or what but it is perfect. Lets put it this way...just before I die I am going to shove this revolver as far up my ass as possible so they have to bury it with me. If some low life wants it bad enough he can pry my cold dead fecal matter off of it.

Current production:
Galil Ace 7.62 8" and 13"
A few more WBP Foxes
WBP mini jack
Another 762 Beryl rifle
FB Radom mini Beryl
Wasr
A couple more m70s
Zastava M92
Romanian Draco (not century)
KR103
Sam7sf (stupidly sold mine and want another)
Sam 5
JP LRI
SP5
590a1 retrograde and non retrograde
KAC 11.5
B&T APC 10
M1A
Hoplite (when I get more land).
Shadow 2
DR920
Tippman 22
MR 920 LS