• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Mossberg ATR

JR78

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2008
Texas
I bought a Mossberg ATR in 7mm-08. I shot a 3" group just under an inch at 100 yards. I know this isn't the place for a budget rifle like the Mossberg, but I had to share.

Re: Mossberg ATR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JR78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a Mossberg ATR in 7mm-08. I shot a<span style="font-weight: bold"> 3" group just under an inch</span> at 100 yards. I know this isn't the place for a budget rifle like the Mossberg, but I had to share. </div></div>

what?

Edit: It makes more sense now. My granddad still has a .270 ATR, they aren't bad rifles for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JR78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought a Mossberg ATR in 7mm-08. I shot a 3" group just under an inch at 100 yards. I know this isn't the place for a budget rifle like the Mossberg, but I had to share. </div></div>

I think he meant to say a three shot group just under an inch @100.
But I guess you could still ask the same question
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what?</div></div>

How many 3 shot groups less than an inch? How about 5 shot groups? Ten shot groups? I've seen lots of rifles shoot a 3 shot group less than an inch. Not to piss in your Cheerios, but a single 3 shot group doesn't count for much.

It took some time to get the scope dialed in. The first groups were around 3" but I was shooting off a bipod. Switched to a bag rest and some hand-loads and that's how I got the group.