• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Most reliable 22 lr carbine?

Re: Most reliable 22 lr carbine?

It's pretty much the standard, due to availability, durability, and aftermarket support.
I personally know of (and have shot) one that has survived between half and 3/4 million rounds on the original bolt and receiver, and is still regularly shot in competition (Sportsman's Team Challenge). It HAS had several barrels (changed to try other barrels), including the first Clark seen in these parts, which was acquired with the gun. It has had original triggers modified at Clark or by one of their 'smiths, Volquartsen, Jewell, and the current KID for the past 4 years or so.

The fact of a 10rd mag that does not protrude below the fore end is a big plus for many.

Marlin 60 is a nice lottle shooter too. After ~30,000 rounds, I still have yet to have a FTF or FTE. The 15+1 tube fed is nice too.

The downside is that there are very few aftermarket parts for it. And when I say very few, I mean VERY FEW.

If this is a just a plinker rifle that you don't care to change every part out (some people go a bit ridiculous on their guns around here to get that extra ".05" in their 100 yard groups), the Marlin 60 is a great choice. How can 11 million people be wrong?

i've had NO problems with a Marlin 39A .22lr lever action, >10,000 rds AWESOME gun

Marlin39-A.jpg