• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Maggie’s Motivational Pic Thread v2.0 - - New Rules - See Post #1

Pam Anderson???
Interwebs says Roxanne Galla

RGW3_Fine_Wine_014.jpg

… just use a quality key pad with EMP resistance we used S&G.
That is wrong.

I’ve designed comms gear to survive EMP (and related undesired signal ‘events’), and simple solutions won’t work or survive. Quit believing you can change a single component and become bullet proof to something that happens in less than 30 billionths of a second. You can’t.

You have to design the entire safe from the ground up to consider management of undesired signals. Adding on after the fact is very unlikely to prevent badness from happening. (But may lighten your wallet)

Effective “EMP management“ cost $$$$.
One device I’m acquainted with was about the complexity of a desktop computer. That computer would be in the $500-$2000 range.
Adding real protection from EMP would at least add a 0 to the price. Plus millions to test and prove the effective operational performance.

You willing bet your life on it?
Yes, and I can get in either way if you haven’t figured out the context clues.

I’m not going to completely remove the security of a safe installing a key override that takes seconds to open, because I actually know about the subject. Just lock them in a closet and save the money on a pretend safe if you use a key.

That is wrong.

I’ve designed comms gear to survive EMP (and related undesired signal ‘events’), and simple solutions won’t work or survive. Quit believing you can change a single component and become bullet proof to something that happens in less than 30 billionths of a second. You can’t.

You have to design the entire safe from the ground up to consider management of undesired signals. Adding on after the fact is very unlikely to prevent badness from happening. (But may lighten your wallet)

Effective “EMP management“ cost $$$$.
One device I’m acquainted with was about the complexity of a desktop computer. That computer would be in the $500-$2000 range.
Adding real protection from EMP would at least add a 0 to the price. Plus millions to test and prove the effective operational performance.
I said it’s resistant not “bullet proof”. The meaning of words matters.

Yes, and I can get in either way if you haven’t figured out the context clues.

I’m not going to completely remove the security of a safe installing a key override that takes seconds to open, because I actually know about the subject.
I have trouble trusting the electronics. Chinese stuff. I know, my problem.

I could get in my safes if I get locked out but its going to take a while. As far as standard dial combo I had one go south on me and what it did was shift all the combo numbers one number off. I got into it and replaced it with a new set.

I have an old safe built in the early 1900's 4 numbers combo and it works slick never had any trouble with it.

I said it’s resistant not “bullet proof”. The meaning of words matters.
Let me know how that works out for you.
Resistant is nothing in an actual EMP event, if you don’t guard against every entrance of the pulse you’ve done nothing in the end.
It’s an exact analogy to leaving all doors and windows in your home secured, except 1. The badness gets in.

Subject matter knowledge is what matters.

Reactions: brianf
Let me know how that works out for you.
Resistant is nothing in an actual EMP event, if you don’t guard against every entrance of the pulse you’ve done nothing in the end.
It’s an exact analogy to leaving all doors and windows in your home secured, except 1. The badness gets in.

Subject matter knowledge is what matters.
I’m not worried about an EMP period 🤷‍♂️

Exactly.

Worry about something important.

Our galaxy is on a collision course with another galaxy and we don't have a single government program working on a solution.
They’ll hop on that once they decide what a woman is

Also, let’s say it’s a man made EMP and not one from the sun, and the “experts” aren’t full of shit. The US Gov says they will launch all of our available war heads as soon as we see inbound ICBMs. Our launch sites would be targets and I think from launch there’s something like a half hour flight time(I’m going off fuzzy memories)…they use the term “use it or lose it” supposedly and if that’s in fact true we are all fucked.

Russia claims to have decommissioned their “Dead Hand” system but many don’t believe it from what I’ve read. That system after detecting a nuclear attack automatically launches their full arsenal.

If potentially thousands of nuclear warheads hit the US more than likely most if lucky will see some light and poof. I’ve seen radiation poisoning, I’ll take ground zero.

Last edited:
They’ll hop on that once they decide what a woman is

Also, let’s say it’s a man made EMP and not one from the sun, and the “experts” aren’t full of shit. The US Gov says they will launch all of our available war heads as soon as we see inbound ICBMs. Our launch sites would be targets and I think from launch there’s something like a half hour flight time(I’m going off fuzzy memories)…they use the term “use it or lose it” supposedly and if that’s in fact true we are all fucked.

Russia claims to have decommissioned their “Dead Hand” system but many don’t believe it from what I’ve read. That system after detecting a nuclear attack automatically launches their full arsenal.

If potentially thousands of nuclear warheads hit the US more than likely most if lucky will see some light and poof. I’ve seen radiation poisoning, I’ll take ground zero.

The Sunday Times bestselling edge-of-your-seat non-fiction thriller, perfect for readers of American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Kai Bird and Midnight in Chernobyl by Adam Higginbotham. 'Essential' New York Times 'A stomach-clenching, multi-perspective, ticking-clock, geopolitical thriller' Forbes 'Tells a terrifying story in a devastatingly straightforward way' Guardian Nuclear war begins with a blip on a radar screen. This is a minute-by-minute account of what comes next. It has to be read to be believed. There is only one scenario other than an asteroid strike that could end the world as we know it in a matter of hours: nuclear war. Until now, no one outside official circles has known exactly what would happen if a rogue state launched a nuclear missile at the Pentagon. Second by second and minute by minute, these are the real-life protocols that choreograph the end of civilization as we know it. Decisions that affect hundreds of millions of lives need to be made within six minutes, based on partial information, in the knowledge that once launched, nothing is capable of halting the destruction. Based on dozens of new interviews with military and civilian experts who have built the weapons, been privy to the response plans, and taken responsibility for crucial decisions, this is the only account of what a nuclear exchange would look like. Nuclear War is at once a compulsive non-fiction thriller and a powerful argument that we must rid ourselves of these world-ending weapons for ever. 'This terrifying book is a must-read for every world leader' Mother Jones 'These are scenes straight out of Dr Strangelove' Telegraph 'At once methodical and vivid' The Economist
Read less

The Sunday Times bestselling edge-of-your-seat non-fiction thriller, perfect for readers of American Prometheus: The Triumph and Tragedy of J. Robert Oppenheimer by Kai Bird and Midnight in Chernobyl by Adam Higginbotham. 'Essential' New York Times 'A stomach-clenching, multi-perspective, ticking-clock, geopolitical thriller' Forbes 'Tells a terrifying story in a devastatingly straightforward way' Guardian Nuclear war begins with a blip on a radar screen. This is a minute-by-minute account of what comes next. It has to be read to be believed. There is only one scenario other than an asteroid strike that could end the world as we know it in a matter of hours: nuclear war. Until now, no one outside official circles has known exactly what would happen if a rogue state launched a nuclear missile at the Pentagon. Second by second and minute by minute, these are the real-life protocols that choreograph the end of civilization as we know it. Decisions that affect hundreds of millions of lives need to be made within six minutes, based on partial information, in the knowledge that once launched, nothing is capable of halting the destruction. Based on dozens of new interviews with military and civilian experts who have built the weapons, been privy to the response plans, and taken responsibility for crucial decisions, this is the only account of what a nuclear exchange would look like. Nuclear War is at once a compulsive non-fiction thriller and a powerful argument that we must rid ourselves of these world-ending weapons for ever. 'This terrifying book is a must-read for every world leader' Mother Jones 'These are scenes straight out of Dr Strangelove' Telegraph 'At once methodical and vivid' The Economist
Read less
1724770116600.png