• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

MP5

@carbonbased

This trigger housing has nothing to do with a registered, drop-down, push-pin receiver. The holes you see are non functional.

Clip-on-type trigger housings are designed to work with a Title 1 semi-auto receiver like those found on the HK 94/SP 89 firearms. The clip-on ledge was a feature of the HK semi-auto receivers designed to prevent them from integrating with the HK push-pin type of machine gun trigger pack. It prevented the easy conversion of a semi to a full auto weapon.

Several domestic manufacturers became adept at modifying trigger packs to incorporate an auto sear and lever into a semi-auto trigger pack that mounts to a clip-on type of receiver. The other option was to modify a push-pin machine gun trigger pack to mount in a clip-on receiver. This was not easy. Converted packs using a registered sear had sear and pivot pin mounting holes in slightly different locations which affected the cyclic rate of fire.

These conversions were not as desirable as registered receiver conversions that could use standard push-pin types of trigger packs.
Ah, I see. Obviously I knew the holes are non-functional, that’s what I was trying to point out so the fellow could check (even though it’s pretty established that it’s a machine gun in the eyes of the ATF by the nature of the receiver). That’s why I said “mimicking”.

But I didn’t know about the other details you pointed out. 👍

Ah, I see. Obviously I knew the holes are non-functional, that’s what I was trying to point out so the fellow could check (even though it’s pretty established that it’s a machine gun in the eyes of the ATF by the nature of the receiver). That’s why I said “mimicking”.

But I didn’t know about the other details you pointed out. 👍
Actually I edited my original post. The photos you showed are a push-pin housing. There are identical housings where the holes are covered by a "pin". Those are for clip-on receivers. It was hard to see

Reactions: carbonbased
Ok, I believe you, I never thought it was a MG, semi fire only..............and never thought it would be worth more than a few K............

I just don't understand why someone would go thru the trouble of remarking a HK94? ........ You have the same gun if you just short barreled a 94, except for the marking........

Any way, thanks to everyone for the help...........

Ok, I believe you, I never thought it was a MG, semi fire only..............and never thought it would be worth more than a few K............

I just don't understand why someone would go thru the trouble of remarking a HK94? ........ You have the same gun if you just short barreled a 94, except for the marking........

Any way, thanks to everyone for the help...........
That is a good question. Possible reasons:
  1. If you wanted an exact copy of an MP5 only in semi-auto form, you could remark since it is cooler to say I have an MP5 versus an HK 94. Everyone knows what an MP5 is.
  2. If you had plans to build a real FA MP5 using the HK 94 as a host gun, it would be remarked since it now is a true FA MP5.

That is a good question. Possible reasons:
  1. If you wanted an exact copy of an MP5 only in semi-auto form, you could remark since it is cooler to say I have an MP5 versus an HK 94. Everyone knows what an MP5 is.
  2. If you had plans to build a real FA MP5 using the HK 94 as a host gun, it would be remarked since it now is a true FA MP5.

Ok, you seem to be pretty well knowledgeable on the MP5/94 guns..........would it hurt anything for me to put the bolt and trigger assembly in my sonic cleaner?
I use 50/50 Simple green and tap water............put it in a baggie and float it in the sonic cleaner.............works good on AR and AI bolts..........
I'm not sure this gun has been cleaned since my brother bought it..............took it apart today and it is filthy.................

Ok, you seem to be pretty well knowledgeable on the MP5/94 guns..........would it hurt anything for me to put the bolt and trigger assembly in my sonic cleaner?
I use 50/50 Simple green and tap water............put it in a baggie and float it in the sonic cleaner.............works good on AR and AI bolts..........
I'm not sure this gun has been cleaned since my brother bought it..............took it apart today and it is filthy.................
I can't see that hurting the bolt carrier. I have never had to clean the trigger so I can't say.

I clean my AI triggers by flushing them with lighter fluid but that is once in a blue moon.

... would it hurt anything for me to put the bolt and trigger assembly in my sonic cleaner?

I can't see that hurting the bolt carrier. I have never had to clean the trigger so I can't say.

I clean my AI triggers by flushing them with lighter fluid but that is once in a blue moon.
I have a three-digit MP5 SBR conversion originally sold as an HK94 as well. It has the original HK94 stamping on the receiver.

The Form 4 and NFA Registry says it is an MP5 SBR.

Simple Green and water make a good-fair solvent -- just be sure to rinse it off thoroughly and lube. As stated above, something like mineral spirits (available at a hardware store) are a good cleaner (they will generally evaporate and dry off quicker).

Once you've removed the trigger pack from the grip frame there aren't any plastic pieces. The buffers on the ends of the recoil spring assembly and in the butt cap don't do well over time when exposed to petro-chemicals.

Link: Armorer's Manual

MP5.gif