MST100 Interest?

What logo/information is going on the housings? Unertl? USO? Something else? Would this version have 4moa L or R of windage like the Unertl's or 8moa L or R like the MST-100? Not that my vote counts for much, but theoretically if the reproduction bared the Unertl logo, with the manhole cover and 8 moa of windage, I would be prepared to make a down payment today.
If I am not mistaken the later number Unertls had the 8moa windage on them.

Sorry I’ve been missing this, Guys.

The logo is still something needing to be worked out. I haven’t yet discussed that with John, but it would probably be neither the Unertl nor USO logos. I don’t know if copyright issues apply or not. I do know John will not go anywhere near anything he has concerns about bringing a lawsuit.

Windage will be 8moa. Only the earlier Unertls had 4moa knobs, though I don’t know exactly where in the serial number range the change occurred.

Don’t know about the erector springs (leaf or conical). If people do not want the man-hole cover on the side, that can probably be avoided. But, it may have impact on the build cost/price, which is still an estimate.

The logo is still something needing to be worked out. I haven’t yet discussed that with John, but it would probably be neither the Unertl nor USO logos. I don’t know if copyright issues apply or not. I do know John will not go anywhere near anything he has concerns about bringing a lawsuit.

Windage will be 8moa. Only the earlier Unertls had 4moa knobs, though I don’t know exactly where in the serial number range the change occurred.

Don’t know about the erector springs (leaf or conical). If people do not want the man-hole cover on the side, that can probably be avoided. But, it may have impact on the build cost/price, which is still an estimate.
A bit brain dead this morning, but if the conical is the USO mod. I think that is the superior design choice. The man hole doesn’t bother me at all.

Were it to be an option, I'd prefer to have one without the USO mod and would pay additional if need be, up to say $500 or so. I'm not concerned with markings, I'm just going to paint over them anyhow, but the manhole on my USO is something that has always jumped out at me as just, well...

giphy.webp

Inferior or otherwise, we never had any leaf springs fail on us in my platoons. I'd love to put my A1 back in the form it belongs in, just how it was when I carried one.

Here’s the lesson I learned:

1. Do your research. Ask questions. Know exactly what your desired build requires.
2. Make a list. Stick to it.
3. Set a budget and what you realistically can and will spend. Understand the current market.
4. Be patient, but be ready to buy.

I say this because I have at least half the cost of that scope tied up in stuff I thought I’d use, or that I thought would be correct. Now I’m not sure I should spend more money on exactly what I should have waited for in the first place. The stuff exists. It makes it to the marketplace. Be ready to hit the BUY button before someone else does.

Legal Disclaimer: This is just my unsolicited thoughts for the newbies who might be diving into the game, and should not be construed as good advice for your individual situation.

Greg

For those who don’t know, I just spoke to a rep ar CSTactical. Those are the real deal USMC. Not USO, or civilian over runs.

I’m not well versed in these. I just know there’s different iterations of the USMC M40 series Unertl, so I asked.

For those who don’t know, I just spoke to a rep ar CSTactical. Those are the real deal USMC. Not USO, or civilian over runs.

I’m not well versed in these. I just know there’s different iterations of the USMC M40 series Unertl, so I asked.

Mike bought those from CMP IIRC and are the real deal, I am going to confirm everything with Mike before processing your order once he’s out of the mountains and back in cell service on Monday 🙂. -Richard

Mike bought those from CMP IIRC and are the real deal, I am going to confirm everything with Mike before processing your order once he’s out of the mountains and back in cell service on Monday 🙂. -Richard
If he didn't get both of them, I want the other. I called Saturday and left my information, was waiting to hear back today.

Reactions: CSTactical