• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

mueller tactical 4-16x50mm opinions please???

Camo_crawler

Private
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2009
Okay this scope will be going on a savage mk2 FV.

The purpose of my build is to build a trainer as close as i can with my budget to my savage 10fp which has a nightforce 3.5-15x50NXS and i can not afford to buy another one nor do i want to spend so much for a .22lr scope.I would like the scope to have similar features as my NXS though.
This scope seems to be nice from the reviews i have read, but i have not handled one in person. Is the scope worth putting on a .22lr? Is it crisp and clear?Does it return to zero?

Are there any other scopes you would recommend that have similar features to my NXS?
matt

Re: mueller tactical 4-16x50mm opinions please???

I have one. It was originally on my SSG PII .308, then on my 10/22 trainer and now its on my HK 91 clone. I have had the scope for about a year or more now.

They are good scopes and would be fine for a .22 trainer. I am like you and wanted a mil-dot scope similar to my .308 guns for training purposes.

I have not looked through the 4-16 Mueller but have looked through 2 or 3 of the 8-32 and 2 of the 4.5-14 APV's and could not believe how clear the glass was not just for a 100-200 dollar scope but for any scope . For a .22 these scopes are simply awesome especially when you consider that you can adjust the parallax down to 10 yards or less which with a rimfire is an absolute must . My buddy actually bought one of the 8-32 scopes to mount on his Barrett .50 BMG just so he can see how it holds up and I must say that I am more than just a little bit curious to see how it all turns out . He currently has mounted them on several 10/22's and at least one AR and they seem to be doing fine . My daughter will be getting a 10/22 with the 4.5-14 for Christmas this year and I may have to pick up one of the 8-32's for myself if the Christmas budget can squeeze it in .

The only downside I see to the Mueller scopes is that the Windage and Elevation knobs are not exposed so you are gonna have to remove the caps everytime you shoot it so as to be able to adjust for windage and elevation .

Mueller is supposed to release a mildot version of their APV next month. According to the thread over at RFC it will be a 30mm tube, no covers on the turrets, not certain but I think 1/4 INCH clicks, 4-14x. Going to be called APT for all purpose tactical. There was an approx. price quoted but I don't recall exactly what it was. Around $150-160 I think. The fellow that had been testing it said it should twice the E & W adjustment of the APV, whatever that is. I don't own one so I don't know. Just passing it on...