• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact @alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

Multi-role scope advice

N.I.

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2023
US
Moving to a state that does not appreciate firearms like my current state. I need to pare down my collection to one rifle, one shotgun and one handgun. The rifle I am retaining is my BAR MkIII DBM in 308, so it's going to be fulfilling the role as my defensive rifle and my hunting rifle. It's more accurate than any of my ARs yet is still a semi-auto, but more importantly it doesn't have the Satanic adjustable stock and hand grip... I currently have a NF 3-15 but am looking for advice on what LPVO I could be looking at that can be used for defensive shooting as well as hunting. Something like a 1 to 10 maybe? Are there any really usable 1-10s made? maybe a 1.5 to 8 or 10?

I am currently hunting at 100-400 yards, WT Deer and Hogs. I am very much into ethical hunting so good glass and reticle is a must. I do have a Delta Stryker HD 1-6 but am noticing that due to age am not really able to hit 400 yard bullseyes any longer with certainty (using a max 6x).

Appreciate the advice. Budget would sub 3000.

Last edited:
Moving to a state that does not appreciate firearms like my current state. I need to pare down my collection to one rifle, one shotgun and one handgun. The rifle I am retaining is my BAR MkIII DBM in 308, so it's going to be fulfilling the role as my defensive rifle and my hunting rifle. It's more accurate than any of my ARs yet is still a semi-auto, but more importantly it doesn't have the Satanic adjustable stock and hand grip... I currently have a NF 3-15 but am looking for advice on what LPVO I could be looking at that can be used for defensive shooting as well as hunting. Something like a 1 to 10 maybe? Are there any really usable 1-10s made? maybe a 1.5 to 8 or 10?

I am currently hunting at 100-400 yards, WT Deer and Hogs. I am very much into ethical hunting so good glass and reticle is a must. I do have a Delta Stryker HD 1-6 but am noticing that due to age am not really able to hit 400 yard bullseyes any longer with certainity.

That March DFP 1.5-15 might be worth looking at for you

Reactions: simonp

I am currently hunting at 100-400 yards, WT Deer and Hogs. I am very much into ethical hunting so good glass and reticle is a must. I do have a Delta Stryker HD 1-6 but am noticing that due to age am not really able to hit 400 yard bullseyes any longer with certainty (using a max 6x).

MarchFX 1.5-15 with the new shuriken lock turrets hands down. I've been using mine on my .308 MDRX, and it's great for stretching out to extended ranges but is equally usable doing close targets on a competition clock.

I have some pictures and more detail of my use here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...force-and-athlon.7186566/page-5#post-11556886

Reactions: N.I.
MarchFX 1.5-15 with the new shuriken lock turrets hands down. I've been using mine on my .308 MDRX, and it's great for stretching out to extended ranges but is equally usable doing close targets on a competition clock.

I have some pictures and more detail of my use here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...force-and-athlon.7186566/page-5#post-11556886
Wow three endorsements for the March. OK, I'll see if I can even find one, the last time I looked into March I was not able to find one for sale anywhere inside the US.

I have a PA PLX on a “combination use” rifle, and am in the process of adding a reflex sight to the set up. It is not “just like a red dot” at 1x. For my use, I think having the optic set at 8x with a 1x option sitting on top will work well…

Reactions: N.I.

California? I'd get another m1a and a bunch of 20rd mags before going back lol. Or a mini 14 even though they print 10" groups at 100 yards.

The leupold 2.5-10 4hd I've got on my 223 would be perfect for that rifle. If 1-8x maybe the nightforce.

@N.I.

If it is indeed California you’re moving to, there are some workarounds to be able to have some nice things. Consider looking into rifles like the SKS, Mini-14/Mini-30, and M14/M1A that can have high round count magazines pinned in place but left with stripper clip guides accessible for easy reloading.