• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Must see!!! So awesome!!

Re: Must see!!! So awesome!!

That's no real sniper rifle because

1. It doesn't have an angle degree indicator

And most importantly

2. It doesn't even have a cant indicator for god's sake :)

Did any one notice the eye releif on that scope was measured in feet, not iches.

Is this even legal to own? I remember reading somewhere that the caliber a rifle is limited by the ATF at .50. I don't know if thats true though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this even legal to own? I remember reading somewhere that the caliber a rifle is limited by the ATF at .50. </div></div>
There are some exceptions like the 600 Jeffrey and the 700 Nitro Expres although this one an't be legal for civillian use. I don't think Midway has any ammo or RCBS reloading dies for 20mm.

It is very much legal to own, it just requires paperwork in the same regards as suppressors and full autos
smile.gif

Thanks

There's also the Anzio 20mm rifles, for those who are actually interested in buying one despite the registration of a Destructive Device.

20mm practice rounds are available at roughly 10 bucks a piece while tracers cost about $15.
Rounds with an active warhead, if you even find the stuff available, are DD's all on their own and I think most of the reason you won't find them is because there is hardly any market for rounds that each require a $200 tax stamp. (At that point you might as well buy anti-tank missiles)

Other 20mm rifles are the Finnish Lahti L-39, the Swiss Solothurn S-18 (multiple variants), the Croatian RT-20, the Japanese Type 97 and the Indian Vidhwansak, the latter also capable of firing the Russian 14.5x114mm round also fired by rifles with a similar purpose, such as the Russian PTRS-41 and PTRD-41 and the Aizerbaijani Istiglal.
The difference between the two is that the 14.5 is still officially a machine gun round while 20mm and bigger are cannon rounds and as such have other warheads available.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That thing is awesome! It would be super funny to pull up to the local range and plop this thing down on the bench to shoot paper at 100 yards. The look people's faces would be priceless.</div></div>

You pull this gun out when people start whining about your .50 being loud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigmike2121</div><div class="ubbcode-body">video locks up at 33sec</div></div>

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=20mm+rifle&aq=f
Plenty of vids to enjoy here.