• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Muzzle brake for 338

lassy18

ILTW
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2020
Southwest
I have a savage 110 in 338lm with the old hs precision stock, needing to find a good muzzle brake, any suggestions would be grea!

Attachments

• 132B81C1-B175-407F-92C8-EFCC17BF1D1A.jpeg
    132B81C1-B175-407F-92C8-EFCC17BF1D1A.jpeg
    803.4 KB · Views: 137
Wow, no shit....I’ll have to look closer at that one, I was leaning towards the area 419 since I have one on my 308 that is awesome, but if the fat bastard is better I may have to pick that one up, I appreciate all the comments here!

Wow, no shit....I’ll have to look closer at that one, I was leaning towards the area 419 since I have one on my 308 that is awesome, but if the fat bastard is better I may have to pick that one up, I appreciate all the comments here!
truth is if I want and sometimes I do I can float it right off my shoulder when using my bipod and rear bag and the rifle barely moves when shooting it. damn near stays in place. granted big 338 boom.

Reactions: LapuaLove338
I took the factory Barrett brake off an MRAD to fit a can, will that work? Don't know what thread pitch either uses. PM me if interested, I don't need it and would trade it off or sell it for cheap if you can use it. If it wasn't for the suppressor I'd have just kept it.

Elite Iron makes the brakes I use on .338 and .50BMG, same brake Harris uses on their rifles. Not super aggressive, but is tailored for precision and custom fit like everything else Elite does. The Sierra SD suppressor I have had to be fit to the MRAD barrel and they did the work (I'll be sending 'em two more down the road for the same treatment). The BMG brake is indexed same as the can and can be swapped in the field, no shims. They do an amazing job, stellar CS and good prices. Definitely on the short list for any custom work, one day I'm gonna have 'em do up an integral something. Anyway, this is some of their work, 24" .338LM MRAD:

IMG_1401.JPG

Looks like it was made that way, flawless:
IMG_1402.JPG

I have the Fat Bastard on my Savage 110 Elite Precision 338 and I’m a big fan of it. Even with my hotter loads it’s still a nice push rather than a sharp jolt so I’m staying on target more

I run a MBM Beast 5port on my 11lb 338RUM and it handles very nicely. I was shooting 300gr bullets at 2700fps and could still easily recover for impacts from 600 on out. They're priced right and the owner makes them in house, and is very helpful. He has videos comparing his brakes to the others on youtube.

Reactions: Hunting2019