• Site Updates Coming Monday

We’re planning to start making changes bright and early on Monday so you might see the site down fir a bit, but no worries, we’ll make our changes and be back as soon as we can!

VIEW THREAD
  • Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My 1/2 MOA 223

10ring1

The Zohan
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2012
First and foremost, the accuracy and function of this rifle could not be possible without all of the knowledgeable and helpful members here. Finallychance to take my build out at an attempt at a 6 x 5. It was about 80 degrees with a 5 to 10 mile an hour wind. I knew the rifle was capable but never had a chance to try 6 x 5 or 5 x 5. I have shot a handful of 0.3 5 shot groups with this rifle on individual targets. Finally got the depth adjusted to maximum accuracy. My load is as follows:
Varget 22.0 gr.
Sierra 77 TMK
Win Sm Rifle
Coog 1.832
2486 avg speed. Don't know my schedule. Chrono looks like Swiss cheese right now.
RP cases

6x5 avg - .519
5x5 avg - .457

The build is a White Oak SDM 1:7, Geissle national match trigger, Colt Factory upper and lower and forearm from A2. I basically took a Colt Match Rifle and replaced the barrel and trigger.
​​​​​​ Here is my first attempt. I noticed as the rifle started to warm up the group started to open up a bit. I also I noticed as the rifle started the warm up the group started to drop a bit. I tried to wait the same amount of time between groups. Group 4 was rushed. This is when I first noticed my group was getting lower. My first shot of the group was a half inch lower than my original group so I started the chase the shot. Mistake as you can tell the difference it consistency. Group 6 was with two different casings because I ran out of the loads with the Remington case.
1/2 MOA was my goal. I have tried to fine tune the load to squeeze every bit of accuracy out of it but I think this is about it. I think if I had more time to wait between groups I honestly believe it could shoot even better.

Last edited:
Here is a target pic. Still trying to post pics.

Attachments

• photo69660.jpg
    photo69660.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Sure is....addicting is a word that comes to mind too

Yeah I recently put close to 3,000 into a custom AR-15 build I did, spared no expense on every detail. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM, always enjoyed helping people out.

Yeah I recently put close to 3,000 into a custom AR-15 build I did, spared no expense on every detail. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM, always enjoyed helping people out.

Thanks brother. I have learned a tremendous amount from everyone here. The amount of knowledge on these forums amaze me. Your posts, and padom, are the posts I read with excitement as this is where I have found much if my information. Among posts from many other knowledgeable members as well. Thanks again.

Very Nice !!! .... be careful, accuracy is very addictive.

If you want to try a 100yd target that will drive you batty.... try Molon's Quarter Minute Of Angle Challenge.

Even sounds intimidating. Where is that posted? Here on the hide?