My dream for DI Precision coming to fruition

David Lott

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2012
Brenham Tx
diprecision.com
I generally don't pat myself on the back but this was too good to not say anything and my guys deserve some praise for thier hard work in helping me to achieve my dreams.

As posted on FB,

"Never give up on your dreams. When God puts an Idea in your head don't walk with it, RUN with it, He's telling you I got this, have faith and go for it. After 20 years in the diesel performance business, the EPA came in and shut me down and I thought wow, now what do I do? Long story short I had this idea of building precision .22s in late 2018 after experiencing a Vudoo .22 Rimfire barreled action. Mind you, I did not know anything about this other than I thought I knew how to shoot. Fast forward to August 23 and one of our rifles tied for 1st place at the World Championships in Italy. We have been designated as the official Rimfire builder/Gunsmith for both the NRL22 and the Precision Rifle Series(rimfire). To add icing on the cake, we were just appointed as an exclusive authorized Vudoo Gun Works custom shop. I am truly humbled and grateful and have to give credit to my guys for their hard work and dedication. It takes a team to pull something like this off in such a short time.
Derek Webster Samantha Lott Coffey Dustin Williams, Blake Rosson, Chase Stroud, my wife Amanda Lott for putting up with the late nights. There have been many more that have contributed and I thank you.

Attachments

• 1000003500.jpg
    1000003500.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 1000003499.jpg
    1000003499.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 1000003498.jpg
    1000003498.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 176
Dave Congrats you and your team, from a diesel mechanic to a world class Rifle builder, now that's a serious change of direction!!
Again congrats to you and your team outstanding job!! I can not wait to get my barreled action, let me know when you need my FFL's info.

Thanks Dave

Reactions: David Lott
Like to hear your thoughts after the match.
Well it didn’t go super great lol. I hadn’t really had a chance to test any ammo so just zeroed what I had and went to work.

Had several issues with a L3i magazine as the rounds were sticking up and not going in the chamber. So I’ll have to figure out the adjustment on those.

Factory mag worked perfectly but I made some mental errors that really cost me. Using a NF 7-35 with 12 mil turrets for the first time and got off a revolution lol. So the neighbors might be taking some beef to the butcher.

When everything was working the rifle shot well but will need some more rounds and see what ammo it likes for sure. 100 yard groups with SK standard + we’re not real impressive. Probably 1.5”

Does anyone know of a company that will send you SK long range 50 round boxes of different lots for a test?

Reactions: David Lott
Well it didn’t go super great lol. I hadn’t really had a chance to test any ammo so just zeroed what I had and went to work.

Had several issues with a L3i magazine as the rounds were sticking up and not going in the chamber. So I’ll have to figure out the adjustment on those.

Factory mag worked perfectly but I made some mental errors that really cost me. Using a NF 7-35 with 12 mil turrets for the first time and got off a revolution lol. So the neighbors might be taking some beef to the butcher.

When everything was working the rifle shot well but will need some more rounds and see what ammo it likes for sure. 100 yard groups with SK standard + we’re not real impressive. Probably 1.5”

Does anyone know of a company that will send you SK long range 50 round boxes of different lots for a test?
Let us know if we can help you out.

Congratulations and Thank you for your generosity also. I was lucky enough to win one of the $650.00 gunsmithing certificates from the NRL22, looking forward to talking with you soon.

Reactions: ZY100