• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos My first build

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
Started with a Win Model 70 Super Shadow .300 WSM

Final Product:
• E.R. Shaw No. 4 Contour Helical Fluted 25” Bull Barrel
• Jewell Trigger
• Williams Firearms 1-piece Trigger Guard
• Leupold rings and bases
• Zeiss 4.5-14X44 Scope
• Boyd’s Varmint Thumbhole V.I.P. Stock
• Score-Hi Epoxy & Pillar Bedding
• Uncle Mike’s QD Mounts
• Harris Bipod
• Accu-shot Monopod

Re: My first build

Did you chamber the new barrel? What is the new caliber. Nice Rifle by the way. Just curious why lam instead of synth? Like to hear all the angles.

I stayed with .300 wsm. I went with the Boyd's laminate stock because I needed a stock that I could expand the width of the barrel channel enough to accept the number 4 contour barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOLY BARREL BATMAN! seriously, thats a big barrel. whats the measurment at the muzzle? lookin great though, shoot it yet?</div></div>

1.125" diameter the entire length

First range test:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/garddog223/target.jpg

The flyer on the third shot was all my fault. I really liked my results with 168 gr smk's in .308, so I worked up this load in .300 WSM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poster: 467
Subject: Re: My first build

Wow thatguy is right.Is that a 300 barrel or a 155 howitzer barrel.I bet she is heavy.........very nice build....... </div></div>
The barrel weighed 7 lbs. I'm a big guy, so I've not had any issues carrying it. My intention, when I pieced it together, was to have a long range option for my dream pronghorn hunt.