• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Photos My latest creations......

Remington 700
Trued / Lapped Lugs
My own recoil lug
Mike Rock 5R 30 cal. (1 in 11.27twist)
HS Precision PSS stock
Tactical Intervention Quick Cuf Sling
Chambered in 308 WIN
Seekins 20MOA base
Leupold MK IV Rings
Leupold MK IV 4.5 -14x MilDot Scope
Liberty Suppressors - Prototype 308 Suppressor

Re: My latest creations......

The pic is on my facebook page, sorry about that.

Gunfighter14e2 sold me the barrel as it was surplus to him at the time and I needed it, I am not sure of the coutour, but it is very large. He had it done for the 300 WinMag originally, but didnt need it. I think it is at least a #7, quite possible an 8...if there is such a thing as an 8..... It is over an inch at the muzzle and I have the barrel length at 23 inches.....long story......

I will see if I can find Gunfighter and get him to post here with some intel about the barrel for you.

Dave

Dave,

Barrel is a Rock Creek (Mike rock) 30cal. S/steel 11.27 twist AMU taper. Was set to finish at 26.

Ronald an I just now returned from Bills, cutting the blowdowns in the firing lanes. Hope you, John, OSOK, and I all get to squad togeather.
Do I need to work that crown with a rat tail, to tighten the groups a little more.
grin.gif

Nice groups, what chamber did you put in her?

5th an 6th is first 1K match, you and John coming down?

Kenneth

PS,.... OSOK's reciever is still 45 days out, as of last Friday, he's bummed.

Dave, rebarreled my 300wm with the same spec barrel last year and I had him cut the chamber for A-191 Navy ammo. Some of you may remember the old barrel had 5440rds down the tube when I pulled it.

Davids work on the rebarrel was perfect, plus it was a quick turn around as well. That stick with the old barrel would never hold the groups before, like it does now, with the same ammo (190smks). With the a 208 Amax an Re-25 I can reach much farther, Way Mo Better.