• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

My new rifle is finally complete

lelandEOD

Private
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2008
Now to just find a range in SE PA that has more than a 200M range.
frown.gif

I can't wait to try her out and zero the scope.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">blending in to her sub-urban environment!?</span></span>
P1050053Large.jpg

P1050062Large.jpg

P1050069Large.jpg

P1050073Large.jpg

Re: My new rifle is finally complete

Hey, if you find a range that goes beyond 200M in the general area, let me know.

The only range I'm aware of is Quantico. I've never been, and I know others on this site will have a ton more information, but I think they host an open F class shoot once a month.

If you're interested, maybe we could car pool down one weekend.

Im a right handed shooter and my younger brother is lefty. He says he is coming to steal your rig! We both like it a lot. Nice pick

I just finished putting an M40A3 together.

Nice rifle, Sweet paint job. Now as for a range that is over 200M in SE PA, NEW HOLLAND RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB NHRPC has a 600 yard range and just recently started Pratical and Precision Rifle Program.

Seriously? There are no ranges in PA where you can shoot long distance? I never would have guessed that. I have that problem here in communist NY.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

The rifle is a custom Cactus Weapons Systems .308 built on a Remington 700 LH action that has been hand lapped/trued, a 20" Lothar Walther barrel machined to run the AAC suppressor, and is bedded in a Manners MCS-T2 stock.
It runs a Rifle Basix trigger set at 2.5 lbs and sports a Badger detachable magazine system with ten round AI magazine. The Harris bipod has the cant feature (which I love) and an accushot monopod with the quick adjust feature. On top is a seekins 20 moa base and 34mm rings holding a S&B PMII 4-16x42 mil/mil scope.

Far more gun than my talent requires... but screw it. If you're going to do something you may as well go balls deep.

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously? There are no ranges in PA where you can shoot long distance? I never would have guessed that. I have that problem here in communist NY. </div></div>

Oh, there are ranges (Like New Holland)... just none particularly close to me here in Exton.

The paint is a standard Cactus Weapons camo job that does not exactly match the predominant terrain here in PA, but I hope to be returning to SW Idaho in a few years and had that in mind when I went with the paint scheme.

And that PM II is far too spendy for me to go messing around with a can of rattle paint!

Iceland....

I live 15 min from you and can get you to a 500 m range about 30 minutes from your house...give me a shout...

She actually ate part of an AR sling that I left unattended for too long in the living room...

I love her but I hate puppies.