• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors my new side arm...

72fj40

Private
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2008
Just picked up my first 1911 .45 ACP. I have had the itch for one for quite a while. It flared up again around last Thanksgiving when talking with my Bro-in-law who had just purchased a Wilson Combat. Since then, I have looked around, handled many of them...None of them really felt "right"...I ended up going in to an old local hole in the wall gun shop and wouldn't you know it, a nice Wilson Combat CQB. One of the first WC because the serial # is below 40. Great shape and the shop had had it for about a year and I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. In all the paperwork, I found the original receipt with the previous owner's number. Called him today and said he had fired an average of about 700 rounds. Not bad for my first 1911. What do y'all think? Can't wait to take it out...

Re: my new side arm...

Awww man you are so screwed!

1911's are addicting. And like good glass: once have the premium stuff, you won't go back. Start saving.

I know!!! The crazy thing is that I'm already looking for a 4" WC CCW!I've heard that the only way to beat a 1911 addiction is to go broke! I hear what you are saying about the glass too...I went from burris optics to one mk4 and one Nightforce...i just have to keep telling myself, "this is the last time...this is the last one..."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awww man you are so screwed!

1911's are addicting. And like good glass: once have the premium stuff, you won't go back. Start saving. </div></div>

Good advice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 72fj40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilson Combat CQB...Great shape and the shop had had it for about a year and I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.</div></div>
Ah hell....I'll ask what we all want to know...

How much did you pick it up for? Spill the beans brother, because that is a gorgeous 1911!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: doorkicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 72fj40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wilson Combat CQB...Great shape and the shop had had it for about a year and I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.</div></div>
Ah hell....I'll ask what we all want to know...

How much did you pick it up for? Spill the beans brother, because that is a gorgeous 1911!
grin.gif
</div></div>

The shop had a price of $1900 on it at first. I went back several times and drooled on it and I guess the store owner felt sorry for me so we started dealing...I ended up swapping one of my M700 5r's and $600 cash for it...