• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

My new SPR build (PICS)

toptrigger630

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2008
South Carolina
Noveske matched upper/lower
WOA 18" SPR bbl (1:7)
AAC 762-SD (51 tooth muzzle brake attachment)
Rock River 2 Stage NM trigger...will be changing soon
Leupold MK4 3.5-10x40 TMR in Larue SPR-E mount
Larue/Troy Back up sights
Magpul UBR stock
Mk12 Gas block
Daniel Defense RIS II forearm

IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

Re: My new SPR build (PICS)

I've used two of those barrels thus far. And I truly like them. The first one went on my father's AZ hikeing rifle. Which he really likes. The range report I have recieved from him was "I can kill a rabbit as far as I can see them"

Beautiful build by the way.

I like the UBR stock. The PRS is a little long for me...downside is no adjustable comb on the UBR.

I'm employed by a distributor for AAC part time, and have used other cans. I prefer the AAC cans. AAC is one of only a few manufacturers that will publish sound reduction data. The particular unit on the rifle pictured has had well into the 15-20,000 rounds through it...we use it as a demo unit. It has shown no noticable wear and it still sounds great.

The rifle shoots great...with the 1:7 bbl it likes heavy ammo, 69 gr +. I have not taken any pictures of targets or groups but on my next range trip I will and I'll post the pics.

Thanks Guys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toptrigger630</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without the suppressor

.....by the way ninja pirtle, your avatar is hipnotic

IMG_0220.jpg
</div></div>

Good lookin lead launcher.

Very nice!

Roughly how heavy is it? I'm planning a similar build for target shooting/coyote hunting, and don't want to get to heavy for packing around while afield.

I am seconds away from getting my Noveske and I saw yours. You have yours almost exactly set up like mine will be. I just had a few questions... are you getting decent groups? And what's your take on 18'' vs 16'' barrel?

Very nice build....good looking rifle.

WOA barrels are outstanding in my experience. My 20 inch WOA DMR barrel absolutely shoots lights out and because of it's fluting is very light....it's as nimble as a 16 inch rifle.

rifle length gas system

12.25 in rail

haven't gotten serious about grouping it yet but when I get out to shoot it more I will post again....what little I have shot it, I say its a solid 3/4 to 1 MOA rifle if I do my part.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mn_Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rock71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Door Knob </div></div>

uhhh.... Wut? ^ </div></div>

OP knows what I'm talking about.